Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram

Hello,

my NT8 was running OK for months on my computer with 24 GB RAM and generally all fine, but in high volume times it was lagging.

This week the computer didnt start and I found this was caused by one of the 3 x GB RAM.

Then I removed the broken RAM and ran NT8t with 16 GB and it didnt work, it stucked all the time, didnt react anymore, also black screens...I had to close NT with taskmanager few times. Then I didnt start anymore.

My question is now please: is there any experience what RAM size one should have (I ran "a lot" of charts and indicators on 4 screens, means 12 instruments each with 30 min chart for 100 days and orderflow volume profile, tickcharts for 3 days and minute and rangebars for 10 days each instrument).

Would it make sense to have 32 GB (4x8) even more than the 24 GB I had untill now? Or would the 24 GB enough in any case? Or might be other restrictions from Windows10 64bit or not necessary for NT8?

Thank you!
    Tony

Hi tonynt, thanks for your post.

Having as much RAM as possible will always be the better option. The market lag in high volatility is not RAM related though. The workspace might be running a lot of heavy indicators or running indicators OnEachTick, which can cause "lag" in high volatility. You can watch the NinjaScript utilization monitor to find whatever script is taking the most time to calculate and adjust the workspace accordingly:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...izationMonitor - Documentation on the Utilization Monitor.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 03-03-2020, 08:41 AM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

today at around 2:00 PM most of my charts were black, after few minutes the charts came back and I could do screenshots of task-manager. Does this give any imformation for the issue?

Thank you!
      Tony
      Attached Files

Comment

So I may check for any errors please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I tried to send it but the blue circle ran for more than one hour. Then I closed NT with taskmanager.

??

Thank you!
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
            Hi tonynt, thanks for your post.

Having as much RAM as possibel will always be the better option. The market lag in high volatility is not RAM related though. The workspace might be running a lot of heavy indicators or running indicators OnEachTick, which can cause "lag" in high volatility. You can watch the NinjaScript utilization monitor to find whatever script is taking the most time to calculate and adjust the workspace accordingly:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...izationMonitor - Documentation on the Utilization Monitor.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
            Interesting topic. Just checked my utilization Monitor and here is the table that I have. Will my assumption be correct - if I remove for instance SuperDOM Profitloss column and Chart-Net Change column from my configuration - my overall operation efficiency will improve?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Utilization.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1089118

Comment

Correct since these two items are at the top of the utilization monitor I suggest removing Net change and ProfitLoss from the SuperDOM, restart NinjaTrader then test again to see if you see the same behavior.

Comment

Hello,

I have no chance to work or trade with NT8. It stucks all the time with my 16 GB RAM. Is this possible that 16 GB RAM is not enough? (the more the better isnt really a helpful reply)

Attached is a screenshot showing the UTM. I have in my scripts 3 Range volumetric. Is this in the first line shown of UTM? Is this a high number?

Thank you!
                Tony
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
                  Hello,

I have no chance to work or trade with NT8. It stucks all the time with my 16 GB RAM. Is this possible that 16 GB RAM is not enough? (the more the better isnt really a helpful reply)

Attached is a screenshot showing the UTM. I have in my scripts 3 Range volumetric. Is this in the first line shown of UTM? Is this a high number?

Thank you!
                  Tony
                  Allow me to invade your discussion: I moved to VPS few days ago and after 2 days of testing there were similar issues. Considering your screenshot above the problem is rather your processor productivity. When I added 2 heads to my configuration (2x2.6GHz Intel Xeon) everything became Ok. IMHO - you need more powerful processor.
                  What I have now is 4x2.6GHz Intel Xeon, 6GB RAM DDR4, 50GB SSD and it seems enough for operation...

Dear NT team, Please kindly provide the instructions how to transfer NT8 to VPS. The following questions I require to clarify: - New installation or copy->paste? - Transition of NT folder from C:\MyDocuments (just copy?). I need my workspaces and strategies. - Potential license conflict (I`ll keep NT on my laptop as well)

Comment

Can you right click in your Volumetric chart->Data Series and tell me how many days you are currently loading. Also within your indicator settings can you confirm you have Maximum bars look back set to 256 as opposed to Infinite for each indicator.

Comment

Hello,

I can not click in volumetric 3 Range because I have no volumetric dataseries in 3 Range chart. And this is where the high number is shown in first row, no?
                      I have one chart with 2 range and volumetric and this is 3 days to load only. And what indicator settings you mean?

Best regards
                      Tony

Comment

To check your indicator settings right click in your chart->Indicators->Select each indicator in the lower left panel and confirm on the right side "Maximum bars look back" set to 256 as opposed to Infinite.

Comment

What indicator? Which indicator? Volumetric is a dataseries and not an indicator.

Comment

I am referring to confirming this setting for all indicators you have applied to your chart(s).

Comment

there is always the 256. what has this to do from indicators with low numbers in utm when its about the indicators/scripts with the high numbers in utm??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mmckinnm  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post f.saeidi