Renko ATR please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko ATR please!

I just signed up to NinjaTrader and hope to make it my new trading platform. However I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change Renko bricks to generate from average true range.

For example https://i.gyazo.com/ccb6d3d38dff8c8a...eed4ed27c1.png it only has the option Brick size, I want the brick size to be the average true range for the previous 14 days.

ATR Renko is immensely more powerful than some arbitrary pip value.

I am pulling my hair out trying to find a platform that:

A) Has Renko ATR

and

B) Has tick value for maximum speed.

Just to clarify I'm not looking for the ATR indicator, I want to actually change the way the bricks are displayed.

First, lets define what a Renko bar does:
    • Renko bars are based on price movement. Each bar is known as a "brick," and is plotted as green by default when price is moving up and red by default when price is moving down. A new brick is plotted when price exceeds the High or Low of the previous brick by a specified amount, known as the Brick size.
    • https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ndingRenkoBars
    With the above in mind, could you clarify how the ATR would be used in relation to brick size for a Renko bar?

Do you have any other resources that define what you're looking for exactly? For example, a video, a screenshot, a wiki link, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      First, lets define what a Renko bar does:
      • Renko bars are based on price movement. Each bar is known as a "brick," and is plotted as green by default when price is moving up and red by default when price is moving down. A new brick is plotted when price exceeds the High or Low of the previous brick by a specified amount, known as the Brick size.
      • https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ndingRenkoBars
      With the above in mind, could you clarify how the ATR would be used in relation to brick size for a Renko bar?

Do you have any other resources that define what you're looking for exactly? For example, a video, a screenshot, a wiki link, etc.
      Thank you for the prompt reply.

For example https://i.gyazo.com/cb7d8c59e6678ab5...5dc5c02825.png is what my current platform has and allows the box (brick) method to be either pip based or ATR based.

If you select ATR (14), it will generate a new brick once the price moves up or down by the amount determined by the ATR for the previous 14 bricks.

Say for example EURGBP on a 1 hour time frame has a 14 period ATR of 300 ticks, this is when a new brick will be generated, then after some time a few more bricks have been displayed and the volume has picked up, now the ATR (14) is 340 ticks, so the next block will be displayed when the price moves 340 ticks. Think of it as dynamic brick sizes, after all volume is ever changing.

The problem is my current platform does not have tick data so it has a "repainting" issue where the bricks are recalculated and displayed when you refresh the browser, very annoying indeed.

The great thing about an ATR setting is it smooths out the indicators applied to the chart as well.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately this is not possible 'out of the box' with NinjaTrader as a bar type must necessarily print from a data series. With that said, this would be possible via custom NinjaScript programming. Please let me know if you'd like more information about programming this yourself or third party developers who could program this for you.

Additionally, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-854. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-05-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately this is not possible 'out of the box' with NinjaTrader as a bar type must necessarily print from a data series. With that said, this would be possible via custom NinjaScript programming. Please let me know if you'd like more information about programming this yourself or third party developers who could program this for you.

Additionally, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
          Thank you. Please tell your development team quickly, I cannot lease NT without ATR setting

A 10 pip brick size may be good 1 week but then next week the ATR is 15 pips so 10 pip isn't really accurate anymore. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

I second this request for dynamic Renko bar size based on ATR or other user defined metric. For that matter, any tick-based chart would be welcomed to have dynamic control allowed on a single chart (i.e. 512 tick to 1000 tick to 2000 tick bars based upon an external control source). Thank you.

Comment

axistrader , I've added your vote to SFT-854

Comment

Hello, it appears a solution for ATR-sized Renko bricks was created for NT7 here. Would it be possible to convert this to NT8?

Additionally, NT support has created this Renko indicator, but once loaded, it produces no output. Is it for NT8?

Thank you

Comment

We do not provide conversion services on request, however, if you're interested in programming this yourself I would suggest either following up on those threads you've linked or creating a new thread in the NinjaScript sub-forums for assistance from a NinjaScript expert.

Comment

Hi,

is there any update on SFT-854.?

Comment

Hello Bosajin,

This particular feature request has not been implemented at this time.

Interest for Feature Requests is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Melissa,

How can I vote for the requested feature?

Comment

Added, bosajin

Comment

vote please!

Comment

Please add my vote for feature request SFT-854

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
                              2 responses