Having Trouble With OCO Orders With NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Trouble With OCO Orders With NT8

I recently purchased NT8 with a lifetime license and am struggling to place OCO orders with Chart Trader.

An attachment of the chart is attached to this message.

I want to place a buy order at the bottom of the range with profit and stop order targets set.

At the same, I also want to place a sell order at the top of the range with profit and stop order targets set.

Do I use the 'ATM Strategy' within Chart Trader to set up my profit and stop orders parameters for my OCO orders?

Or can I place my OCO orders with profit and stop order parameters directly on the chart without having to use 'ATM Strategy' within Chart Trader?

Also, due to the colouring of the pairs for OCO orders, I am unsure which trades are part of a pair.

Little confused here.

Please help. Thanks.

Attached Files

You would want to use an ATM template with both of your entry orders so that when it fills it would submit the relevant stop and target orders. These two order entries should be submitted in OCO so that when one fills the other is cancelled.

ATM strategy orders are automatically OCO so there is no additional configuration needed with the ATM. There is an additional step needed to ensure the other entry order cancels when an entry order fills.

Here is the order of operations you would take:
    • Enable OCO mode (right-click on Chart Trader > Select 'OCO Order' or use hot key CTRL+Z)
      • You should see a green 'OC' at the top right of your chart window when OCO mode is enabled
    • Select your desired ATM template from the ATM control list
    • Place one of your entry orders
    • Select your desired ATM template from the ATM control list
    • Place the second entry order
    • Disable OCO mode
      • You should see the green 'OC' at the top right of your chart window disappear
    The video below demonstrates this concept (on the SuperDOM, but the concept is identical):

Comment

Hi Patrick, once I place the OCO orders as you have specified above, can I move the stop and profit orders for each OCO order on the chart graphically i.e select trade on the chart and drag to new levels?

Comment

You can move the entry order itself, however, it is not possible to change the ATM strategy that is attached to an entry order that has not yet been filled other than cancelling the order and re-submitting with a new ATM. Once the entry order has filled, you're free to move the profit target and stop loss orders as desired.

I would highly suggest that you 'play' with this configuration while trading to the Sim101 account so you become more familiar with how the orders will behave. Here is a link with more information about ATMs and about order modification on a chart:

Comment

Hi Patrick, I think I have worked this out. Check out my attached screenshot.

I have a resting SELL MIT order at the top of the trading range.

And I also have a resting BUY MIT at the bottom of the range.

The ATM Strategy panel has 2 custom strategies with a lightning signal showing.

And yes, I am using a sim only account until I get used to the platform.
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh yes, and a very important question....

Can I close NT8 with my resting OCO orders? Or do I need to keep the application open?

Comment

The configuration seems correct although there is no way to tell from the screenshot if you submitted these entry orders in OCO. You could confirm this when one order is filled or cancelled (does the other order cancel?) or by looking at the Orders tab of the Control Center and confirming the orders have the same OCO ID:NinjaTrader must be connected for ATMs to function as expected.

Comment

Hmmm, the OCO ID's for both orders are different. I think I just need to try this.

Comment

Ok, I am getting the hang of this. Just placed orders and the OCO ID's were the same. Thanks Patrick.

Comment

Hi, I was just wondering how do you remove the price marker for the open trade that is on the y-axis?

On the attachment, the price entry marker I am referring to is labelled '3128.50'

I don't really need this, as the same information is displayed within the Chart Trader panel on the right?

Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's not possible to completely remove the average entry price marker.

Comment

Alright, that's a shame. No worries.

I want to get the following type of indicators:

1) in chart overnight high
                        2) in chart overnight low
                        3) in chart ATR high
                        4) in chart ATR low

I know NT8 does not have these indicators built in.

Can I get these indicators from a marketplace somewhere?

Thanks.

Comment

Before I answer your direct question, I wanted to point out that the purpose of the forum is to discuss specific topics in a specific thread. This thread began discussing how OCO works. The recent questions in this post have strayed from the original topic. When you have a new unrelated question to the original topic, I encourage you to either create a new forum thread or ideally contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. This keeps the forum organized and also reduces your wait time for a response by ensuring that anyone on the Platform Support Team is available to assist you.

I am not personally familiar with these indicators, however, I encourage you to search for them on our publicly available NinjaTrader Ecosystem website. Specifically, the User App Share section has hundreds of free indicators that you may find useful.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                          1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                          2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                          3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                          4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                          • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
                          The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. Will take note of your comment regarding starting a new post in the future.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post xiinteractive  
                            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred