Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Instrument

hi!
    How do I add a new instrument to the list? I'm trying to add MGC but the tab keeps asking me a bunch of questions.

MGC is already built into NinjaTrader's instrument database. Are you simply trying to view this instrument in a chart (or other data window)? Please elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish.

What window are you referring to when you say "the tab"? What questions are you being asked?

Comment

MGC is not on my instrument list and I'm trying to add it to the instrument list, so I can pull it up on a chart

Comment

On the latest version of NinjaTrader 8, you should be able to type into the instrument selector and then find MGC. Here is a video example of this feature:What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

Also, on any version of NinjaTrader 8, you should be able to type directly into your chart to change chart to the instrument/expiry you desire. Try this:
        • With a chart window selected, begin typing 'MGC 04-20' then press enter
        Here is a video demonstration of this feature:Here is the help guide section on changing a chart's data series:

Comment

my MGC chart is not moving and bid and ask are at 0. What is wrong with it?

Comment

If you're viewing MHC 04-20 and there is no ask or bid data, this means you're not enabled for real-time data. Please contact your data provider to confirm your real-time subscriptions.

Comment

How can I find who is my data provider? I've never had to do it, so I'm not familiar

Comment

At some point you must have established a connection to a data provider as NinjaTrader does not come with a live data feed built in. Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you have a broker? If so, who is your broker? If not, did you request a demo data feed? if so, I suspect the demo does not provide real-time MGC data.

Comment

On lower left corner of the control center window it says that i'm connected to My NinjaTrader Continuum and my broker is Phillip Capital

Comment

Reach out to your broker to confirm your live data subscriptions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PhillT, Today, 02:16 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PhillT
                    by PhillT

Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes