Using Percentage of Account When Opening Transactions with Ninja Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Percentage of Account When Opening Transactions with Ninja Trader

Hello. When opening a transaction, I want to enter the transaction with the percentage amount of the balance in the account I use. Is this possible?

Hello sabankaradeniz,

Thank you for your note.

This would not be possible from anything built in, but third party add-ons exist that would assist with this, or you can also create your own strategy to place trades for you as a percentage of your account balance.

There is an indicator publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website that may assist you in setting this up for manual trades:
    Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
    If you'd like information on creating your own NinjaScript add-on to help with this, please let me know and I'm happy to supply you with further information.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

First of all thank you for your support. When I try to import the plugin you shared, I get an error like I added in the picture. Why do you think this might be?

Comment

another option sabankaradeniz: https://www.xabcdtrading.com/positio...g-ninjatrader/

Comment

Originally posted by User1104 View Post
          Thank you, but I am looking for a free solution.

Comment

Hello sabankaradeniz,

Thank you for your reply.

I've just tested and was able to import this indicator without errors.

Generally you would get this error if you've already imported the same file. You can open a NinjaScript Editor to check to see if you've got an older version installed already - go to New > NinjaScript Editor, then when that window opens, expand the Indicators folder in the right pane. Look for a script with the same name as the one you're importing. If you find one, right click on it and click Remove. Once done, import the latest version.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
              Hello sabankaradeniz,

Thank you for your reply.

I've just tested and was able to import this indicator without errors.

Generally you would get this error if you've already imported the same file. You can open a NinjaScript Editor to check to see if you've got an older version installed already - go to New > NinjaScript Editor, then when that window opens, expand the Indicators folder in the right pane. Look for a script with the same name as the one you're importing. If you find one, right click on it and click Remove. Once done, import the latest version.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
              Thank you for your attention. I will try again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes