Collapse

Connection is showing live but no its not and there is no warning at all WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection is showing live but no its not and there is no warning at all WTF

This is ongoing issue I am finding with Ninjatrader and FXCM connection on a live account. Ninjatrader is showing its connected to the feed but no movement on chart pricing. I disconnected the feed manualy and then reconnect and find that the market has moved considerably in last 5 min or so. This is been happening regularly and there is no warning by ninjatrader that connection has been lost. Though my internet is hard wired into a fiber broadband and there are other tools running that are live and getting internet. so its not the network but Ninjatrader application itself!

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

Are you logging into your FXCM account from any other website or application? If so, please do not login to your account from any other location for the time being.

Unfortunately the lack of notification of a disconnect is a limitation of the FXCM API. You'll find this noted in the disclaimer when creating the connection:
    • Connection losses to FXCM are only reported approximately 1m30s after the fact from the API. It is possible to already be disconnected from FXCM and not have NinjaTrader be aware of this.
    This can also be found in the connection guide.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888