Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it Possible to Create a Custom Crosshair for NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Possible to Create a Custom Crosshair for NT8?

Is there a way to use an indicator or add on to code a custom cross hair? I'd like to have the cross hair reflect the stops and targets of the currently selected ATM strategy as I move it around. This would be extremely useful.

Hello RandomTask,

Thanks for your question.

Custom rendering is limited to the Chart Panel that the script draws to, and we do not have a supported way to force refreshing the chart programmitically. (ForceRefresh would be used to tell NinjaTrader the chart needs to be refreshed, but we would not support using ChartControl.InvalidateVisual.)

While one could subscribe to ChartPanel.MouseMove events and use SharpDX to draw a customized crosshair, the limitations above can present a challenge for creating the customized crosshair.

I have submitted a feature request to support creating customized crosshairs. Once I receive a ticket ID, I will update this post.

Ticket ID: SFT-2922

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 03-10-2020, 11:50 AM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jim please add my vote to the ticket too. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your feedback VolatyTrading,

Your vote has been added.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please, add also my vote for Ticket ID: SFT-2922. Thank you.

Comment

please add another vote for this. What the OP described is exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

Bear in mind that SFT-2922 was created about 5.5 years ago. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Thanks.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
                Bear in mind that SFT-2922 was created about 5.5 years ago. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
                It looks like NinjaTrader_Jim's post from 2020 is when that ticket was created. How did you get 5.5 years?

Comment

Search the forum for "SFT". Sort results by last update ascending. Follow the posts and there emerges a relatively obvious sequence of SFT numbers that increases, taking the highest numbers seen as the sequence. In that (admittedly patchy) sequence, it becomes clear when the sequence introduces numbers not seen before, and roughly when.

SFT-2293 (for example, earlier than SFT-2922) is first seen in that sequence on 2018-01-16. More importantly, SFT-2989 (later than SFT-2922) follows on 2018-02-02. Regardless of when SFT-2922 was actually created, if SFT-2989 (created after SFT-2922) is in early 2018, SFT-2922 must have been created before that ... so, 5.5 years ago ... ish.

Note that it is common for Support to use words like "I have created a ticket SFT-xxxx" (or similar) for tickets that already exist when the response is posted, meaning that it is "poetic licence" to say it was created at the time of the response. This can easily been seen with examples of responses in recent years similar to "I have created a ticket SFT-258" (just a made-up number to illustrate) where clearly the number must have been created more than a decade ago, despite the recent-ish response.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by jeronymite; 06-14-2023, 03:09 AM.
                  Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                  jeronymite
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

RandomTask and anyone else looking, for what it's worth, I discovered the exact feature the OP is asking for is available in the Advanced Exit Orders Management tool (or more inclusive Essential Chart Trader bundle) from Affordable Indicators...

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=1267854&d=1694050832.jpg Views:	20 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	1297860
                    Last edited by tradgrad; 04-15-2024, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888