Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance issues

Hi,

My system seems to be very slow recently. Is there a way to see which indicators / strategy is using the most resources?

I entered an exit market order, and it did not execute immediately as it usually does . . so I hit the button again . . . still nothing . . . hit it again . . . after a while all the orders executed

And then I had to get out of all the unwanted positions.

This is not the only issue. Recently the machine has been sluggish, and hangs. Something is slowing it down.

Thanks

Ian

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trades are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk here:
    • Phone: 312.423.2234
    • Email: orders[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
    I suspect the recent extreme volatility is at least part of the root cause of the symptoms you're describing. If nothing has changed about your PC or NinjaTrader recently, then I would suspect even more so that this is the case.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:Optimizing your setup using the guide above can go a long way in helping reduce performance issues.

Additionally, if you're using custom NinjaScript automated strategies, another test to run (in the Sim101 account) would be to see if any of the same symptoms occur when only the built in 'Sample MA Crossover' strategy is in use.

Also, the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor can be used to see what NinjaScripts may be taking up much more processing time than other NinjaScripts in your system. You could then eliminate the most resource-heavy item to see if the symptoms are mitigated.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the advice.

I use Kinetick and Interactive Brokers.

I have attached a screen shot. Looks ok to me.

Thanks

Ian
      Attached Files

Comment

The 'Region' drawing tool is taking up the most processing time during the period of time when the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor was running. Having a lot of drawing objects can and will affect performance.

Do you manually draw regions on your charts? If not, what indicator is drawing regions on your charts? I would suggest eliminating that add-on from your charts to see if this improves the performance.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback. I will check

Changing tabs causes a blank screen awaiting the chart and can hang NT8. Region uses all the resources and 20% of the machine CPU.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

You may also want to check for Windows updates as well as ensure you're using the latest non-beta graphics card drivers for your PC in addition to optimizing your workspace per my link in post #2

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Can you please advise which drawing objects use regions?. Does writing text at various places along a chart use regions? Is using 'FixedText' with the same tag is only one instance?

Thanks

Ian

Comment

'Region' is a drawing object. If you're not manually drawing a region (e.g. Region Highlight Y), then there is an indicator doing it automatically.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. I found the issue QT_IchimokuCloud was drawing thousands of regions. It would be good if NT8 had its own cloud indicator.

Thanks again.

Ian

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response