IB New features in 8.0.16.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB New features in 8.0.16.0

I am still on NT 7 and was wondering if you could clarify the new features in 8.0.16.0

"Unfiltered real-time data" doesn't NT 7 have this and if not what is the difference?

"The equities volume multiplier is now applied to all equities" What is this and what does it do to the volume?

Also are there any free connections where you can get intraday back-fill for data as with NT 7 it takes a while for data to load even though I have it set to save chart data!

Thanks
    Last edited by geotabs; 03-04-2020, 12:48 PM.

Filtered means the data is processed prior to arriving at NinjaTrader whereas unfiltered means it's 'raw' data.

NinjaTrader 8 uses a fundamentally different way to connect to Interactive Brokers which avoids filtered data. You can most easily notice this in NinjaTrader 7 by comparing volume that you see in NinjaTrader to the same information in Trader Workstation.

A multiplier for volume when using Interactive Brokers was not applied universally which is now applied universally.

I would suggest that you download NinjaTrader 8 and connect to Interactive Brokers so you can see any differences.

Slow loading times in NinjaTrader 7 are not unexpected, and in general, Interactive Brokers is a relatively slow data feed. There are no free intraday feeds. If you have further NinjaTrader 7 questions, please start a topic in the NinjaTrader 7 forums.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby