Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tried updating to 8.0.21.0 but not liking the CPU strain how to return to prior ver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried updating to 8.0.21.0 but not liking the CPU strain how to return to prior ver?

When I tried updating to 8.0.21.0 I really did not like the CPU strain and Power Usage Trend. I turned off what I thought was the main issue with a particular Indicator, but still show "Very high" Power Usage Trend with Task Manager. How do I return to prior version 8.0.20.1?

I'll talk with the developers of the various Indicators I use and see if they know of any issues with 8.0.21.0, but until then I'd like to return to the prior ver. which did not strain the CPU so much, and we all know that lately the CPU has been getting a workout since the market has been so Wonky anyways.

{edit} So I'm still messing around with the .21.0 version and I see if I rebuild my charts that the CPU Power Usage is not causing a problem... is there a known issue with prior version charts not transitioning well to ver .21.0 from .20.1?
    Last edited by RonnieB; 03-07-2020, 11:10 PM. Reason: updated information

Hello RonnieB,

I'm not aware of any changes in 8.0.21.0 that would cause performance issues.

Below is a link to the release notes.

There has been extremely high volatility which is causing high resource demand and this is being experienced by many traders.

Below is a link to a forum post on performance.
    Hello All, I am using NT8 8.0.17.2. My workspace has been essentially static for more then six months, meaning no new indicators or growth in windows open or

The previous version of NinjaTrader can be downloaded on the downloads page (by entering your email into the Your Email text box on the ninjatrader.com website).
    Below is a direct link.
    NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea B.
      Thanks for the reply and the links...
      If I download the prior NT8 version and simply install it, will it maintain the 'prior version's ' workspace setups/charts/strategies?

I've already started the ardious process of rebuilding all of my workspaces and it seems that the CPU power usage and Power usage trend issue is not a problem if I rebuild all my charts in a new workspace, FYI. Something to watch for as a fix perhaps if others experience the same issue. The workspaces I am rebuilding all utilize Strategies and simply using the prior built charts in previously built workspace containing the strategies continues to give me CPU Power Usage and Power Usage Trend issues.

Older workspaces that do NOT contain charts that use strategies seem to allow re-use of the previously created workspace without too much (though slight) issue with the updated ver. of NT8 re. CPU Power usage and Trend.

Thanks in advance,
      Ronnie B
      Last edited by RonnieB; 03-08-2020, 11:24 PM. Reason: added a bit more data

Comment

Hello RonnieB,

The workspaces and charts will be the same.

The database may need to be recreated.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
        1 response