Clear or disable writing orders to log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear or disable writing orders to log

Hello! I have a strategy that uses many orders and this orders are also modified many times (f.e. 3-5 times for a second). All this things are writing in to the logs and it "destroys" my free disk space. After one hour of strategy working I have no space and the problem is - too big Log files. Can I clear it automatically or maybe disable to write all that info? Or set some limits? It's sad that I cant run my Strategies because of logs.

Thank you.

Hello YevhenShynkarenko,

Thanks for your post.

Excessive use of Log() can result in performance issues. From the help guide for Log() is this: Warning: Each call to this method creates a log entry which takes memory to keep loaded in the Log tab of the Control Center. Excessive logging can result in huge portions of memory being allocated to display the log messages. Please see the NinjaScript section of the Performance Tips article for more information. https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?log.htm

Here is a link to out performance tips: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

It would be better to send your output info to the New>Ninjascript output window using Print or PrintTo:

You can conditionally send prints by using a bool input that you can turn on to enable the strategy to output as needed for diagnostics.

If you want to continuously print all of your order info, you may want to use a streamwriter and send the info to an added drive of a larger capacity. Here is a link to a an example of using Streamwriter: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello YevhenShynkarenko,

Thanks for your post.

Excessive use of Log() can result in performance issues. From the help guide for Log() is this: Warning: Each call to this method creates a log entry which takes memory to keep loaded in the Log tab of the Control Center. Excessive logging can result in huge portions of memory being allocated to display the log messages. Please see the NinjaScript section of the Performance Tips article for more information. https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?log.htm

Here is a link to out performance tips: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm

It would be better to send your output info to the New>Ninjascript output window using Print or PrintTo:

You can conditionally send prints by using a bool input that you can turn on to enable the strategy to output as needed for diagnostics.

If you want to continuously print all of your order info, you may want to use a streamwriter and send the info to an added drive of a larger capacity. Here is a link to a an example of using Streamwriter: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm
      The problem is that I'm not using Log() function at all! And no Print() too. I'm telling about this thing:

Comment

Hello YevhenShynkarenko,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for misunderstanding.

Please confirm that you are seeing both the Log and Trace folder with large sized log and trace files (perhaps a screenshot of the directory of each).

There are no options to turn off system logging. We do not recommend deleting the log and trace files in case you do need support.

If you have an offline storage, you could copy those files to that and then remove all but the latest ones from the log and trace folders.

Comment

Hello YevhenShynkarenko,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for misunderstanding.

Please confirm that you are seeing both the Log and Trace folder with large sized log and trace files (perhaps a screenshot of the directory of each).

There are no options to turn off system logging. We do not recommend deleting the log and trace files in case you do need support.

If you have an offline storage, you could copy those files to that and then remove all but the latest ones from the log and trace folders.

I am seeing the same thing where Ninja trader gets very slow after a large number of trades have been placed during the day. I need a work around for this soon. This is not acceptable for the platform to slow down due to large number of trades written to trade log. Need the ability to turn of trades being logged in NT

Comment

Hello robz7575,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

If you have offline storage, you could copy those files to that and then remove all but the latest ones from the log and trace folders.

Each time you start NinjaTrader, a new log and trace file are created.

Comment

Hello robz7575,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

If you have offline storage, you could copy those files to that and then remove all but the latest ones from the log and trace folders.

Each time you start NinjaTrader, a new log and trace file are created.

can you send the location and files so that I can put them in seperate storage?

Comment

Hello robz7575,

Thanks for your reply.

The files are located in these folders: Documents>NinjaTrader8>Log and Documents>NinjaTrader8>Trace

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses