• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer - Time Last Tick column & Alerts

Hello,
    I add Time Last Tick Column.
    I choose Alert.... and proceed to create
    In LHS of Condition Builder, Columns folder, Time Last Tick does not appear (every other Column I've added in Market Analyzer does)?

Kind regards,

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your post.

This would be expected. The Time Last Tick column is purposefully filtered out from the Alerts window for the Market Analyzer as there are no DateTime options to compare to - you can only compare to other columns or a numeric value.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate and thanks.
      I understand. So follow on question is why isn't, or could there be, a Time Folder in RHS of Condition Builder, within which Time value to compare to? Simply put, I can create a current time compared with a Time value Alert in Chart Alerts but can't do the same thing in Market Analyzer Alerts, which would be desirable.
      Don't understand why not. If it can't because it can't that is one thing & fine. If it could but doesn't, I'd request it i.e. have a use case.
      Kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your reply.

My understanding from our dev team is that they had to filter that particular one because NinjaTrader doesn't store the actual DateTime, rather, it stores an offset from January 1, 2000 00:00:00, and that would cause issues with the alerts.

Comment

Hello Kate and thanks for the additional information.
          Just so it's clear (in layman's language, I'm not bothered about the technical/development reasons - for the avoidance of doubt I mean that politely ;-)

In market Analyzer I have Alerts for Price approaching Indicators etc.

But because of the 'lack of DateTime' I can't do what I can do on a Chart alert - see attached. Wjic I'd rather put all Alerts in Market Analyzer.
          I only selected Time Last Tick (i.e. added it to my Columns in Analyzer) because it is 'time'. Only to find it didn't appear in the Conditions, hence the Post

Simply put, in layman's terms not coding language - is it or could it be possible to achieve what I can do on a Chart which is create an Alert when time is Greater or Equal to a specified Time Value, but in Market Analyzer?

I can't see a way, thought I had by using Time Lsst Tick then found I couldn't.

But I can in a Chart.

If it can in Market Analyzer, please let me know how (although I think that's clearly a 'no').
          If it could, (hopefully I've described the desire adequately per Chart Alert screenshot).but doesn't, could you make it a Feature Request.
          If it can't for some technical coding reason, that's enough for me, so be it, I don't need to know why (politely i.e. no need for you taking your time to explain, I likely won't understand anyhow ;-0)

Thanks for your help.
          Last edited by brucerobinson; 03-09-2020, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for your reply.

There is not a way within the Market Analyzer alerts to set up a time condition, no.

I have created a feature request to add the ability to set up time comparisons in the Market Analyzer alert window. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4697.

As usual, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes