Running Ninja in parallel on two PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Ninja in parallel on two PCs

Have a lifetime license of NT8 and have a Rithmic data feed. I know I can have two different connections to the Rithmic feed running at the same time (for example, I have successfully used Bookmap and Ninja 8 at the same time with my Rithmic data feed). I'm wondering if I can run Ninja Trader on two different PCs at the same time with my Rithmic feed.

For example, I would like to be running NT8 with a a live account trading via an automated strategy on one PC while also running NT8 in global simulation mode to do some testing on a second PC, both connected to the same Rithmic feed. Can I do that?

Thanks!

Yes, two simultaneous connections are possible based on the testing you've done with NinjaTrader 8 and Bookmap.

Please contact your broker/Rithmic data provider about enabling a third simultaneous connections to your Rithmic credentials if you want to run all three at the same time.

Comment

Patrick,

With all due respect, you must not have read my question because you did not answer my question.

I KNOW I can run Bookmap and NT8 at the same time. I have already done that successfully. I am not asking about running Bookmap, I am asking about running NT8 on two different PCs at the same time with a single Rithmic feed.

I would like to run NT8 with a live account trading an automated strategy on one PC while also running NT8 in global simulation mode to do some testing on a second PC, both connected to the same Rithmic feed.

Can I do that?

Thanks

Comment

I apologize - I implied the answer to your question in this statement but I can see how it could be read as not directly answering your question:

Yes, two simultaneous connections are possible based on the testing you've done with NinjaTrader 8 and Bookmap.
        To elaborate on the above statement, the connection itself does not care which two platforms/apps/websites you happen to be connecting to. It only cares how many simultaneous connections there are.

You can run NinjaTrader on two PCs and connect to your Rithmic account simultaneously. The only thing you may not do is use the same live license key on two PCs simultaneously. On the PC you plan on running in global simulation mode, please use the simulated license key so that you are not in violation of the Terms of Service:

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes