Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant move Stop

Hello,

Whenever I've created a Strategy in the Builder with a Target and Stop and when I'm in a trade in my favor I can't manually move the Stop up ahead of my entry price to guarantee some kind of profit.. It reverts back to it's original position on it's own... Why..?
    This dosen't happen when using the OCO or the ATM in a manual trade, you can move the Target or Stop where ever you want...

Thanks Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your post.

What you are observing is expected behavior. Strategies, in general, are intended to run without manual interaction. In this case the stop and targets are continually submitted by the strategy which is why they are returned to their original positions.

It is possible to create a strategy that does call an ATM template and this then would allow you to manually interact if you wish or allow the ATM to function as you created it. This type of hybrid strategy uses special methods that are not available to the strategy builder so you would need to work directly in Ninjascript for this type of strategy. Your platform has an example of this strategy type if you wish to review, it is called SampleATMstrategy. When opened in the Ninjascript editor, you can read the comments that describe the methods and properties used. Also, here is a link to the help guide section on the special ATM methods through Ninjascript: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AveryFlynn  
    Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes