Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoother candle formation/development while in Playback mode

Hello Ninjatrader team,

I am a new user to NT 8 and was getting into the software for backtesting purposes, doing manually backtesting in Playback mode. The only disadvantage I came across is that the candle formation/development is not smooth, when using a high replay speed. Instead candles just appear. In lower time frames even several candles all in one. I am aware that for example in 1M time frame and a playback speed of x1000 candles will fly across the screen. But even in 1D time frame and a playback speed of 500 the price in the current bar is „jumping“ and not „flowing“ smoothly. In Metatrader the price level if flowing smoothly in backtest mode even with highest playback speed. I am not a native speaker in english, but I hope I could describe my issue in a way you could understand.

The non fluent price movement appears in „Market Replay“ and „Historical“ mode within the Playback function.
    Instrument: EURUSD
    NT8 ver.: 8.2.21.0
    License type: Simulation

Computer: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3,20 GHz; 8GB RAM

Many thanks in advance!!

BR

Sascha

Hello Saschek,

Thank you for your post.

I have created a Feature Request on your behalf for smoother candle formation when in Playback. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4708.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

many thanks for your reply and the creation for the Feature Request. In the software "Forex Tester 4" there is a feature called "Tick Package Size". There you can adjust whether the price level should move very smoothly (for example tick by tick) or should do bigger movements, while in playback mode, no matter which playback speed choosen.

Please don't get me wrong, my request is not for picking on an "defective appearance" (hope thats the correct word in english), but with such "jumping" price levels/candles in playback mode I miss some entry opportunities in the chart.

Again many thanks and have a nice weekend.

BR

Sascha

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Sparkyboy  
      Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM