Price center hotkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price center hotkey

Hello everyone. Sometimes I like to gauge an instrument from a wide price range and then quickly zoom into a 1 pip view of the price but to do this I have to grab the price area and stretch it out, then hold control and grab the price area again a few times so I can find the price. Is there a quicker way to zoom into a chart level and re-center the price? See my attachments for the zoomed out, then zooming in but price level stretches out of view.

Note: I am not looking for the center price on scale option because I like to be able to move the chart around

Last edited by drwbns; 03-12-2020, 09:04 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

As a workaround here, you can zoom in to the specific area using the charts Zoom function and then set a hot key to "Autoscale and return" to bring you back out to the main view, but there would be no specific hotkey regarding your specific functionality here.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks MArco. That helps a bit. Do you know if price centering is possible independent of zoom level or if this can be done through custom programming?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

If you have 'Center on Price Scale' enabled on your chart's Data Series properties, the chart will automatically center to the price independent of zoom level.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Melissa. I basically want to center the price without scaling.
          Last edited by drwbns; 03-13-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

You can turn on 'Center Price on Scale' and turn off 'Auto Scale' in this settings menu.

It will not scale, but instead center the price bars no matter where you have the chart currently.

Comment

This is what I was looking for. For some reason though, on a couple of my saved templates, I couldnt hold control a drag the price range. It just stays in a locked position. Luckily I had a template that was allowing me to drag the price range and just saved over the broken ones. On a separate question, is there a way to save the time range(1 minute, daily, 2000 ticks, etc) so that it loads with my saved template?

Edit: After working with the mentioned settings and hotkey for auto scale and center, the settings seem to only allow for one or the other. I cant seem to find any combination settings that allow for freely dragging the price range but also allows for quickly centering the price without scaling.

I realize that if it possible to bind a hotkey to Center price on scale, this would allow me to leave the option off so I can drag and freely scale, then quickly toggle the center price on scale option with a hotkey on to re-center the price. Is this possible?
              Last edited by drwbns; 03-14-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the hot key that can be defined would specifically use Autoscaling as it's action and there doesn't appear to be a way to do the exact hot key setting you are attempting to achieve.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to Center Price on Scale in Ninja 7? I turn auto scale to False but see no Center price.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately this is not supported in NinjaTrader 7, it is a feature that was in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Hi, can you add a hotkey that centers price on the chart using the current scaling? For example lets say price is currently at 100 and the high and low of the chart are 105 and 90 (range of 15). Pressing the hotkey centers price and maintains the current scaling so price would be at 100 the high and low of chart would be 107.5 and 93.5. thanks. if it will take a long time to implement is this possible to make through an indicator?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team as a feature request.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB