Turn sim off????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn sim off????

I turned off global simulation, clicked on my live account and entered a trade.

It's up - and then I realize I'm still on the bloody simulated trading!

Howe do I turn off simulated trading??

Hello Irukandji,
    You will need to select the account in your order entry window within the Accounts drop down box. This will default to Sim101 until you manually change it.

Comment

What order entry window? I'm trading directly from the charts?

Comment

Hello Irukandji,
        Enabling Chart Trader will make the chart an order entry window. You must select your live account on the Accounts drop down box. If you Chart Trader is hidden you will have to enable it again and select the account > hide again.

Comment

Great.... so now I find out this morning...

that it has to be changed... on each individual chart!!!

with all due respect.. this is a REALLY dumb feature.

MAKE IT UNIVERSAL - EITHER SIM OR NOT!!

Comment

Irukandji.

Good day. Hmm?! Perhaps you've done this already but as it was not mentioned I thought I'd point it out.

NT's Control Center > Tools > Options > Simulator. There's this hidden little "Always start in simulation." Should be unchecked. Perhaps that does the trick.

sandman

Comment

Thanks Sandman - no I just looked - that check box is already unchecked.

It seems that any time I want to trade live from a chart, I'm going to have to specifically turn on live trading for that chart, then hide the chart trading, then..... then I will be able to trade live.

I find it all very clunky.

Far better to be able to choose either the sim account or the live account from the Accounts tab of the Control Center by simply clicking on it, or clicking a checkbox next to the name, have that line highlight bright green to know that is the one in use, and even have a little green "SIM" in the top left hand corner of every chart or a red "LIVE" there.

Then it is clear as day whether you are sim or live. No messing about with endless settings, chart by chart and having ZERO visual way of knowing which account you are trading from unless the chart trader order box is visible.

That's how I would design things anyway....

Thanks.

Comment

just a thought(s) - I wonder if the selection of live account might save to chart template or workspace? In which case in combination with the CC 'Always start in SIM' uncheck, you might find you can 'Default' to live or SIM on a chart by chart basis, and clunkily change each to SIM, if/when you prefer.

Far from ideal, just a thought

Comment

Thanks, but I rarely need to open new charts now, as my workspace is saved. I simply scroll through a list of tickers in a watchlist or manually type them in an existing chart window.

I don't think whether trading is live or sim should be dictated by chart parameters. It is obviously a more universal choice than say, which moving average a certain chart should have.

Thanks

Comment

Agreed that when Chart Trader (Hidden) is selected, there should be some visible indication of which account is active. Maybe the account number could be displayed on the right side of the chart toolbar, just to the left of the interval link selector, or at the top of the price scale, with background color user-defined.

Comment

I'm going to request this as a feature request.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                        Currently there is a way to display the account within the Tab of the chart. You must right click within the Chart > Properties > Tab name > And select the account option.

Comment

But then we would have to have tabs enabled eating up precious screen real-estate, right?

Comment

Hello,
                            That is correct you must have the tab option enabled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post ryjoga
                            by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes