Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Basic Chart functionality issue, level 2 data missing, Time and Sales incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Chart functionality issue, level 2 data missing, Time and Sales incomplete

I am relatively new to the platform but trying to get NT8 set up so that I can buy the Lifetime License and then set up the Order Flow+ tools, but can’t get basic functionality nailed down. I‘m hoping you can help.

I am trying to set up charts to have 2 data series:
    1. The instrument being traded
      1. Equivolume Bars
      2. Instrument will change
    2. A static overlay of the SPY in the same time frame,
      1. Line on Close
      2. This data series will be overlayed on all charts and will not change (other than time frame with Instrument 1 above)
    I have multiple charts open in a single workspace.

I am having the following issues:

1) Changing Chart time frame (from unit to unit, i.e W to D to M) does not load Default Chart Settings and does not keep current settings for data series in chart (bar type changes on instrument from Equivolume to Candlestick or Line on Close or the Bar width Changes or the number of Days to Load changes. SPY changes from Line on Close to Candlestick and the number of days to load changes as well.)If I right click and Apply the Default template, it works, most of the time, but does not load chart changes with these default settings automatically. Sometimes, the default will load, but strips the extra panes and indicators (Volume disappears). No amount of reloading the saved Default Chart will bring back the volume or volume pane if this happens. I have tried going through each time frame (M, W, D, Range, Volume, S, etc.) and setting the presets for each, but this does not work either. This makes me wonder what the default chart setting is supposed to be for.

I have referenced the following to troubleshoot this issue with no success: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._templates.htm

I have set the Default Chart settings, saved for Period Types, and tried saving for Chart Style. Nothing makes it behave consistently or allows for changing the time frame of the chart without significant manual data feed changes with the right click menu.

I would like to have Charts stay the same when I load a new instrument or change time frame. I would like the SPY Line on Close overlay to stay the same on all primary instrument changes on the chart as well as when changing time frames (reflect same time frame as primary Data Series on same but keep line on close draw type). Please let me know what settings will accomplish this.

2) Changing from 24s to 30s Chart takes a very long time to completely load (minutes), even though it is the same instrument in the same chart. Sometimes, volume just doesn’t show up, even though the pane is there with the indicator listed. Just an empty, labeled pane. I have pre downloaded tick, minute, daily, bid, ask, and last data for the instrument and the SPY, but it still takes a long time to load. Set to load 34 Days of data in chart settings, and that amount of data was pre downloaded.

3) Neither SuperDOM nor Level II will display any level 2 Data for Kinetick nor for Interactive Brokers, both of which have Market Depth Add-ons enabled for my account.

4) Time and Sales window only shows orders above 100 shares with rare exception.

Compared to eSignal Time and Sales (the same eSignal data run through both eSignal and NT8 at the same time for comparison), there are far fewer total orders showing up on the tape and there are almost no small or irregular orders coming through.

Thank you very much for your time and help.
    Last edited by Unicorn_Catcher; 03-13-2020, 01:26 PM.

Hello Unicorn_Catcher,

Thank you for your post.

It is expected that the chart style would revert to Candlestick on changing from minute to day and so on. This is to try to avoid unsupported chart styles for exotic bar types.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to persist the chart style on changing the Bars Period Type. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4690.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

For the remainder of your items, I would like to take a look at your log and trace files. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2455961 ATTN Kate W.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Unicorn_Catcher,

Thank you for your files.

First, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
      • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
      • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
      • Enter your license key and press Submit
      • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
      • Select 'Download'
      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
      34 days of a 30 second chart is quite a bit of tick data to load. Do you have any custom indicators or bar types applied? Are there any drawing tools or strategies applied to the chart? The NinjaScript items used on a chart can significantly affect how long the chart takes to load when switched to a different time frame.

What version of Interactive Brokers (TWS or IB Gateway) are you using? You can find this on the splash screen that shows when it starts up.

What instrument class are you not receiving level II data for? Stocks only, or futures as well?

As far as your time and sales window, right click on this and select Properties. Under Size Filter, is there a number other than 0 in this field? If so, set this to 0 and see if that shows more orders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi, Kate.

I put in my license key downloaded, installed. No change in lvl2 data.

Nothing custom on charts, but their are 2 indicators (Volume and RSI) and equivolume bars. No drawing objects, yet. No strategies.

I pre-downloded the data I was trying to load in Tools>Historical Data. The charts I am trying to open are 24s and 30s charts for 34 days. It seems to be hanging up on the chart rendering on occasion where some charts don't even show up, but change the tab orange in the Task Bar. I've had to restart to get some charts in the work space to show up.

I'm using 972.1 of IB Gateway, but I don't really care about that, I just listed it for troubleshooting purposes. I want to get Kinetick market depth data working.

I have been trying to get Stocks to load lvl2, but I just tested a couple futures and they aren't working either but that's on the Kinetick data feed and I'm thinking I don't have that turned on. Simulated Data Feed makes the Super DOM display level 2 for futures, but not Stocks.

T&S Window is set to 0 for size filter.

I'm hoping that I'm just missing something simple, but I don't know what else to change.

Thanks for your help, Kate.

Comment

Hello Unicorn_Chaser,

Thank you for your reply.

The Simulated data feed is just made up information that's just generated on your PC, which doesn't really tell us anything about whether your Kinetick feed should be showing you that level II data.

I'm going to respond to the ticket that was created when you sent your log and trace files, because I'd like to test with your Kinetick credentials on my end to make sure if I can see that data - that'll let us know whether something is wrong with your platform, or if you're just not getting that data with your subscription. We of course wouldn't want you to post those on the forums, so I'll reply to you there - it'll go to your email.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post FrancisMorro  
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes