Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart performance measurement.

Hello,

I use two chart windows with many tabs and one DoM. I would like to do two kinds of measurement.

1) Loading time is quite long for me now, I have several tabs with weekly charts with various profiles. Is there a way how to determine how much data chart needs to load and process?

2) Performance seems to be issue for me as well. I dont see clear pattern in there so I am unable to tell which indicator is most resource demanding. Is there a way how to measure indicator processing speed and performance?

Sincerely

Jan

Hi Mlokz, thanks for your post.

1) A lot of indicators have a "Period" property or something similar that indicates a minimum amount of data that needs to be on the chart. If there is no clear indication from the indicators, one would need to use trial and error to minimize the amount of historical data needed (the "Days to load" setting in the Data Series menu).

2)Yes, you can go to New>NinjaScript Output>Right click the output window> click "NinjaScript Utilization Monitor". This will tell you the sum of resource time each NinjaScript object is taking. Indicators that run OnEackTick and Tick Replay are likely to cause performance hits. Adjust your indicators if ones seem to be too resource demanding.

I look forward to hearing of your results.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, so far it looks like longest time to load takes 1 minute bars, which I do not use, but probably all those volume profiles on my charts do.

Comment

Hi Mlokz, thanks for your reply.

Scripts can add data series so yes, any given indicator could be hiding a data series they are using. The default Volume Profile in the platform does not add any series, the OrderFlow+ Volume Profile does add a 1 tick series.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes