Collapse

Error received from TD AMERITRADE account activity stream:INVALID_KEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day in which we are headed for the biggest crash in history, You can not use NT8... with TDA.
    Any thoughts from anybody at Ninjatrader?

Comment

Like everyone else, my error has yet to abate as of 9am EST on 3/16.

Comment

This appears to be a widespread issue for TD Ameritrade users that we're also experiencing on our end. We've reached out to TD Ameritrade for further information about a root cause and resolution.

bertochi , I responded to your email a few moments ago.

If you're also experiencing this symptom and have not yet contacted us via email, please send us your files via the platform so we may send out updates to you personally:
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2456333 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Same error here. No problems logging into TDA using non-NT8 means however.
          Reading this thread has been enlightening. I found this to be extremely entertaining in light of the many repeated problems with TDA:

"We do not have a TDA connection for license testing, so we will need to use your connection to test".

Comment

Hello, I'm also having this issue. I just emailed using the instructions above and ensure that 'Log and Trace Files' is checked. Thanks, looking forward to getting NT up and running again. :-)

Comment

Update.
              I spoke to tech support at TDA who checked their log and said had no heard of any issues or other people reporting this issue.
              Would be nice if everybody who has the same issue could pick up the phone, leave it on speaker for whatever waiting time, and report the issue to them, unless here Ninjatrader customer support would like to coordinate this. Are we crossing our arms and waiting for this error to magically disappear, or are we doing anything?
              I think we need to hear an official voice from NT customer support to tell us where are we on this, please.
              Thank you.

Comment

We're still working with TD Ameritrade on a solution. I would be surprised if the first person you speak with at TD Ameritrade in general customer service had heard of this issue (or of NinjaTrader in general). Their API team would be the ones working directly with us on the solution which would not be their general customer service line.

I'll keep this post updated, but as of right now, there is no further information.

Comment

Yeah, and it's not like we've already missed most of what could be the most volatile, opportune trading days of the year or anything.
                  Have you missed my sarcasm?
                  Seriously, your efforts are greatly appreciated, support team. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by mic414 View Post
                    +1, I have the same error, Monday March 16, 12:38am.

BTW, since there are a couple of people using TDA here, how is it working for your with NT8? I've been experimenting with TDA since last November (in hopes of moving my IB account to TDA and save on commissions), but it is extremely unreliable, I'm very close to abandoning TDA altogether. Issues I'm experiencing:
                    - some orders get rejected without reason. (not short orders)
                    - sometimes I get a warning that the order couldn't be confirmed, check with your broker. In some cases the order did go through, sometimes didn't. It's a hit and miss.
                    - due to these order confirmation problems, NT8 often ends up with wrong position state, showing something as flat even though I still have a position, or vice versa
                    - TDA in general sucks when it comes to shorting stocks, they seem to have much lower inventory as IB or Fidelity

I guess these are primarily TDA API issues (except the last one, obviously), since NT is rock solid with IB. It's frustrating though, as I did pay for a license upgrade, and I got an essentially unusable service.
                    I have the same problems and frustrations explained in this message. This has to be addressed properly by the development and support team, please!

Comment

To be fair guys, this is a TDA issue. They broke their blackbox API, which Ninjatrader team has no control over at all. And yes TDA's timing could hardly be worse. Let's all hope NT get's TDA's error figured out for them sooner than later. UPDATE: might have to reconsider where the cause is coming from since demo keys allow NT to work
                      Last edited by Calebg; 03-16-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bertochi View Post
                        Update.
                        I spoke to tech support at TDA who checked their log and said had no heard of any issues or other people reporting this issue.
                        Would be nice if everybody who has the same issue could pick up the phone, leave it on speaker for whatever waiting time, and report the issue to them, unless here Ninjatrader customer support would like to coordinate this. Are we crossing our arms and waiting for this error to magically disappear, or are we doing anything?
                        I think we need to hear an official voice from NT customer support to tell us where are we on this, please.
                        Thank you.
                        I have the same problem (INVALID_KEY with a setup that worked flawlessly for a long time), reported it, and was called by Support (Patrick). I was told they are aware of the problem and addressing it, expecting to resolve it within 24 hours.

Comment

I had the same issue last night still not resolved. If you change your NT8 license to the demo license key TDAmeritrade connects just fine.

Comment

Monday 16 March 05:42hs Eastern NY time.[*]If you are short, do not use "enterLong", and rather use "exitShort" and "enterLong" on the next bar update or onexecution.[*]If you are long, you must use "exitLong" first and "enterShort" on another bar update or onexecution, for the added reason that TDA could BOX your position if the Sell short gets executed first, meaning they will not execute the sell and leave you with the short and your original long.
                            Thanks for the tip, I'll try that!

Monday 16 March 05:42hs Eastern NY time.
                            At times I felt I was the only person using TDA reporting these issues.
                            I had the exact same feeling back in December/January. I couldn't even keep a connection going with TDA and it looked like I'm the only one having that issue (I had a lot of exchanges with NT Support). Alas, connection stability improved, but the trade execution is still stochastic.

Monday 16 March 05:42hs Eastern NY time.
                            I hear you say NT is rock solid with IB. Maybe a time to try them I guess.
                            Yes, IB is awesome. I've been using them for, I don't know, 10 years. (And ~4 years with NT7) It's a great company with unparalleled technology for home/hobby traders like myself. It's just their commissions are not that great anymore, with all retail brokers at zero commission now. That's the only reason I even looked at TDA, but I don't think I'll mess with TDA anymore. Too unreliable, and it will break at the worst possible time, see Robinhood issues from the past 2 weeks. You can't trade when you have the best opportunities. IB was NEVER down even during the worst market turbulence.
                            Last edited by mic414; 03-16-2020, 12:05 PM. Reason: spelling corrected

Comment

Originally posted by hurleydood View Post
                              I had the same issue last night still not resolved. If you change your NT8 license to the demo license key TDAmeritrade connects just fine.
                              Can confirm that NT will work with TDA connection with a demo license key. This is actually huge for me, as I can at least see my custom strategies executions now. Thanks hurleydood

Comment

Suddenly starting to get INVALID KEY Error this morning on the TD Ameri Trade connection. Please see trace file logs below.

2020-03-16 14:08:45:064 (My TD AMERITRADE) Tda.Adapter.StreamDataParserCallback4: Account Activity messageType='ERROR'
                                2020-03-16 14:08:45:064 (My TD AMERITRADE) Tda.Adapter.StreamDataParserCallback5b: acctActivityMessage='INVALID_KEY'
                                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-16-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse