Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error received from TD AMERITRADE account activity stream:INVALID_KEY

Hello,

I had setup the new authorization step 2 months ago and it's been working with no problems.
    I closed and shutdown my pc last night.
    Upon launching NT8 this morning the following message pops up:

Error received from TD AMERITRADE account activity stream:INVALID_KEY

Any ideas?
    Thank you

Update. I have tried opening NT8 on 2 computers, one at a time, which have exactly the same settings, and which had no problems running NT8 when I last used them, and the error comes up in both of them this morning. The error has nothing to do with my computer"s" setup.

Started thinkorwim just to check everything is fine, and indeed it is.

Maybe it is just a temporary thing at TD Ameritrade, and I hope this new error can get resolved before markets open on Monday.

Thank you

Comment

Update.
      The problem happens when using a live NT license on a live TDA account.
      Switching to a SYM NT license, NT8 is able to connect to TDA.

Comment

Update.
        Log and trace files already sent to customer support.

Switching back and forth from a sym NT license into a live license does not change things.

Thank you

Comment

Hello, I have encountered the same issue as bertochi. I also setup the new authorization step previously and it's been working with no problems. Please advise.

Thank you

Comment

Hi bertochi, thanks for your note.

I am not seeing your email in our inbox. Please send an email with your log and traces files along with your license key to platformsupport at ninjatrader.com and reference "ATTN ChrisL 2456333" in the body of the email.

We do not have a TDA connection for license testing, so we will need to use your connection to test if this will happen on my PC. If there is some issue with the license key the sales team will need to address the issue on Monday morning.

I look forward to hearing from you.
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, please be advised I have already received a reply earlier today from NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service, as follows:

Hello,
              Thank you for your note.
              There are many other reports to users having issues logging into TD Ameritrade and connecting to TD Ameritrade with NinjaTrader. Here is a publicly available link that documents downtime for various websites and internet services. https://downdetector.com/status/td-ameritrade/
              The behavior you are experiencing is likely due to data servers undergoing maintenance at this time. Maintenance is generally finished before Sunday afternoon so that you can connect to your account again. Weekend maintenance is infrequent but expected. You could contact TD Ameritrade for details about the login error message received.
              Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
              Sincerely,
              Shawn B
              NinjaTrader Platform Customer Service
              ================================

The annoying thing is that while NT has this issue today, the thinkorswim platform has no issues at all.
              Thanks

Comment

Same issue here. I also sent a report to Platform Customer Service with my trace and log files, and received the same exact response from Shawn B as bertochi did. Please advise

Comment

Same here!...I had setup the new authorization step 2 months ago and it's been working with no problems. I'm getting this Error received from TD AMERITRADE account activity stream:INVALID_KEY. I wish someone would send a notification of server maintenance across multi- brokers some kind of way. As of 5:08 pm Eastern Sunday night open it is not working.

Comment

Update.
                    19:00hs Eastern time.
                    Night session opened an hour ago.
                    Still, same error.

Comment

Same issue here. Thank you for already raising this. I first noticed it on Saturday and didn't pay too much attention to it, but as of Sunday night the error messages haven't gone away and the connection can't be established. I tried configuring a second connection and had the same problem. Fingers crossed it'll magically resolve itself by tomorrow morning.

Comment

+1, I have the same error, Monday March 16, 12:38am.

BTW, since there are a couple of people using TDA here, how is it working for your with NT8? I've been experimenting with TDA since last November (in hopes of moving my IB account to TDA and save on commissions), but it is extremely unreliable, I'm very close to abandoning TDA altogether. Issues I'm experiencing:
                        - some orders get rejected without reason. (not short orders)
                        - sometimes I get a warning that the order couldn't be confirmed, check with your broker. In some cases the order did go through, sometimes didn't. It's a hit and miss.
                        - due to these order confirmation problems, NT8 often ends up with wrong position state, showing something as flat even though I still have a position, or vice versa
                        - TDA in general sucks when it comes to shorting stocks, they seem to have much lower inventory as IB or Fidelity

I guess these are primarily TDA API issues (except the last one, obviously), since NT is rock solid with IB. It's frustrating though, as I did pay for a license upgrade, and I got an essentially unusable service.

Comment

Monday 16 March 05:42hs Eastern NY time.
                          No change. No access to your TDA account using NT8.
                          Dear customer service at Ninjatrader, if you can help us all with this urgent issue, that will be much appreciated.
                          =========================================
                          mic414 Yes, same issues you experience with TDA.
                          1- Sometimes orders will get the submitted status and get stuck in there. When you check their status using other means, such as TOS, you see they have been filled immediately, but NT8 willl still show them as submitted. I have reported a similar issue where orders were getting the status "unknown" to NT customer support and was promised the problem had been fixed. If you want to raise the issue to customer support, by all means. At times I felt I was the only person using TDA reporting these issues. THE MANUAL FIX for this issue is to restart NT8 and the orders will show their correct status.
                          2- Orders get rejected for no reason.
                          Yes. My tip:
                          • If you are short, do not use "enterLong", and rather use "exitShort" and "enterLong" on the next bar update or onexecution.
                          • If you are long, you must use "exitLong" first and "enterShort" on another bar update or onexecution, for the added reason that TDA could BOX your position if the Sell short gets executed first, meaning they will not execute the sell and leave you with the short and your original long.
                          I experienced rejected orders on my buy orders, but when switched to this procedure for both long and short, no more rejected orders. IDEALLY NT should make sure that when using "managed" enterLong and enterShort, the order to close the position gets submitted before the new order to open a new position is submitted.
                          3- This is crazy but is "my" workaround, I scheduled a restart of NT8 within 60 seconds of sending an order, maybe it will give ideas to the developers or other users. This means I am very limited as to what strategies can I use with TDA, as every time I restart I lose track of everything, variables, pending orders, etc. SO upon every restart, I sync my strategy position to the broker's and continue from there.

I hear you say NT is rock solid with IB. Maybe a time to try them I guess.
                          ================================================== =====
                          Thanks

Comment

To NT developers:
                            If you look at: https://developer.tdameritrade.com/c...streaming-data
                            Under section 7 "Response"

This is just an extract of what is in there:

Message Type Table
                            ERROR
                            First message returned when a subscription for ACCT_ACTIVITY is returned. NOTE: NO XML DATA will be returned with this message type
                            Indicates some sort of error. NOTE: For this message type, the core data would contain error type. It will NOT be XML.
                            Currently, possible values are:
                            INVALID_KEY - If the Message Key used in the subscription is invalid
                            ================================================== ===
                            If this helps, great. If it doesn't, please disregard.
                            Thanks

Comment

Monday 16 March 08:20hs Eastern Standard Time

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite  
                              Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM