Collapse

Error received from TD AMERITRADE account activity stream:INVALID_KEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vivekniwas . I merged your topic into this existing topic on the exact same issue. Please review post #18:

Comment

Update:

- This AM we had a call with TD Ameritrade API department.
      - They made a change this weekend on their servers which changed the API's behavior.
      - We are still working with them at this time to understand the scope of that change and verify it now works after mitigations are put in place.

Right now we are still working on the issue, I will update this thread when there is more information.

Note: If you use a simulation license this will allow you to connect as a workaround. Please contact our platformsupport team via email if you need a temporary simulation license.

Comment

@NinjaTrader_Brett,

Thank you for your efforts in trying to get this critical issue resolved asap.
        Once we are able to use NT8 again, it would be nice if Ninjatrader could improve their communication with TD Ameritrade and anticipate any future changes to the API.
        I would like to believe that TD Ameritrade would announce any changes to their API beforehand, so that developers such as Ninjatrader could update their software in time before any changes happen. It is indeed very hard to believe that TDA did not announce this change with anticipation.

Thanks

Comment

TD Ameritrade let me know that they will try to push a fix to their infrastructure related prior to the market open tomorrow to attempt to resolve the issue. I would appreciate feedback from impacted users if there still remains an issue after the market open tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you as well to support for working to get this critical matter resolved as quickly as possible.

While this couldn't have happened at a worse time, the information shared in this thread has given me a great deal of clarity on the issues with the TDA connection. I've experienced the same problems with order status not updating, albeit far more infrequently than with NT7. The mention of Thinkorswim will be of great use to manage positions in such instances, as I realized today I can just leave that up in a separate window. Also, thank you bertochi for mentioning that the connection still worked with TOS, as that salvaged my day.

It's also useful to note that the IB connection is solid and doesn't have such issues.

Comment

Update. Tuesday 17/03/2020 03:35hs Eastern time.
              Connected.
              Issue resolved.
              ===========
              Given the shared comments on this post, going forward it would be nice if all NT8/TDA users could create one post and feed/update it whenever you have issues with orders not getting updated by NT8. In my case they get the submitted status and not refreshed until NT8 is restarted. If we create one post and we all feed in there with our experiences, maybe the tech team could tackle this problem, that I've been having since the launch of NT8.
              Good day to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                TD Ameritrade let me know that they will try to push a fix to their infrastructure related prior to the market open tomorrow to attempt to resolve the issue. I would appreciate feedback from impacted users if there still remains an issue after the market open tomorrow.
                I seem to be up and running. Thanks for tackling this for us

Comment

Fixed as of last night around 9 pm eastern... I'm able to log into TD now!

Comment

The INVALID_KEY problem is fixed. I was able to connect and trade to Ameritrade using Ninjatrader 8 this morning. Kudos to the Ninjatrader team!

Comment

Is anyone actually able to log-in today? It's not throwing up an error message as before but is failing to connect despite repeated attempts, stuck with the yellow icon in the control center. I'm able to use TD's Thinkorswim just fine and my Kinetick data connection works, but TD's NT connection has become useless again.
                      Last edited by nickslad; 03-26-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I am able to login to TD Ameritrade on my end without issue. I would suggest restarting your PC as a first troubleshooting step.

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, restarting didn't do the trick for me. Still unable to connect - stuck at "connecting". I can go ahead and send over log and trace files your way if that helps.

Comment

Your symptom is very likely unrelated to the root cause discussed in this topic which was a TD Ameritrade change that needed to be reverted.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred
                            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: "ATTN PatrickG" and a summary of the symptom.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post PaulMohn  
                            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post love2code2trade