Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 shutsd dfown

Good afternoon

I just started using BuySide Global software with NT8 and when I use the Order Flow software NT8 shuts down. Sometimes not for the whole day sometimes withing an hour. Today it shut down after 5 hours. I have attached my log and trace files if that helps.

Thanks
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 07-25-2018, 02:31 PM. Reason: remove personal information (log and trace files)

Hello rexsole,
    Thanks for your post.

We have removed your log and trace files as they sometimes contain private information that you may not wish to disclose on a public forum. I did take a look at them though. The following error seems to be related to BuySide Global and occurs immediately before the crash.
    2018-07-25 14:41:59:525 ERROR: Indicator 'BGOrderFlow': Error on calling 'OnRender' method on bar 269: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2018-07-25 14:41:59:594 ERROR: Chart style 'Candlestick': Error on calling 'OnRender' method: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at SharpDX.Direct2D1.RenderTarget.DrawRectangle(Recta ngleF rect, Brush brush, Single strokeWidth, StrokeStyle strokeStyle) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.CandleStyle.On Render(ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale, ChartBars chartBars) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.ChartStyles.ChartStyle.Ren der(RenderTarget pRenderTarget, ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale, ChartBars chartBars)
    It looks like the BGOrderFlow indicator is failing to render properly. Have you reached out to BuySide global yet? They may already have documentation on this error and will likely be the best resource.

I also see that you could use an upgrade, so I recommend doing so at this time. Sometimes a simple upgrade can solve issues like this.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We are aware this is a very late reply, but still wanted to address this. We have many successful users on NT8. 3 users reported a crash issue.. When we looked into this we found that this may have happened because of insufficient RAM on the users machines. Regardless, if this was to happen to anyone in the future we have released a fix that resolves this issue and prevents any crashes. For Further questions please feel free to email support. Thank you
      BuySideGlobal
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - BuySideGlobal

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses