Coinbase Crypto Real Time Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coinbase Crypto Real Time Data

Hello, I am trading on cryptocurrency in ninjatrader 8. With Coinbase, it is possible to access some cryptocurrency live data free of charge. However, only a few cryptocurrency live data are provided, is it possible to add live data in other cryptocurrencies?

Hi sabankaradeni, thanks for your post.

The Coinbase connection comes "As Is", we developed the connection adapter and it's up to Coinbase what is served over that connection.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hi sabankaradeni, thanks for your post.

The Coinbase connection comes "As Is", we developed the connection adapter and it's up to Coinbase what is served over that connection.
      Thanks for your interest, so is it similar to binance? Because the number of cryptocurrencies in coinbases is very low.

Comment

Ninjatrader is a great program. I get angry at myself for not discovering to date. Cryptocurrency trading can do a lot of good things. Unfortunately, the problems about live data prevent us.

Comment

Hi sabankaradeniz, thanks for your reply.

I have not looked over what cryptocurrencies that Coinbase offers. Everything they offer via their website you should be able to pull up in NinjaTrader with the Coinbase connection.

Comment

Everything they offer via their website you should be able to pull up in NinjaTrader with the Coinbase connection.
            The ninjatrader connection is missing several cryptos that are available directly on coinbase and/or coinbase pro (formerly GDAX).

You can see the list of supported cryptos here:
            View crypto prices and charts, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, and more. Earn free crypto. Market highlights including top gainer, highest volume, new listings, and most visited, updated every 24 hours.

Coinbase Pro offers in the U.S.:
            ALGO
            ATOM
            BAT
            BTC
            BCH
            CVC
            DAI
            DASH
            DNT
            EOS
            ETH
            ETC
            GNT
            KNC
            LINK
            LOOM
            LTC
            MANA
            OXT
            REP
            USDC
            XLM
            XRP
            XTZ
            ZEC
            ZRX
            Ninjatrader does not appear to support several of these. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to add support for these with the framework already in place

Comment

Originally posted by overflowing View Post

The ninjatrader connection is missing several cryptos that are available directly on coinbase and/or coinbase pro (formerly GDAX).

You can see the list of supported cryptos here:
              View crypto prices and charts, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, and more. Earn free crypto. Market highlights including top gainer, highest volume, new listings, and most visited, updated every 24 hours.

Coinbase Pro offers in the U.S.:
              ALGO
              ATOM
              BAT
              BTC
              BCH
              CVC
              DAI
              DASH
              DNT
              EOS
              ETH
              ETC
              GNT
              KNC
              LINK
              LOOM
              LTC
              MANA
              OXT
              REP
              USDC
              XLM
              XRP
              XTZ
              ZEC
              ZRX
              Ninjatrader does not appear to support several of these. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to add support for these with the framework already in place
              Unfortunately, most of the cryptocurrencies listed here do not appear in the ninja trader either. Maybe a few.

Comment

All coins in coinbases are included in the data and if trading is possible on coinbase, we have a really good reason to buy the Ninjatrader program.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChrisL Furthermore you can see what coinbase pro returns from the api as far as supported products:

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your followup.

NinjaTrader comes preloaded with the most commonly traded instruments however most Crypto items included are currency pairs. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:
                    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
                    • Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
                    • Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed. provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question. You would want to match the symbol mapping for the Coinbase connection to the instrument you're adding.
                    • Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:
                    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
                    • Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
                    • Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
                    • Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.

Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
                      Is NT in coinbase or coinbase PRO?
                      ....coinhbase fees are very high,,,coinbase PRO very competitive with other exchanges. could you please advise if NT is on PRO and where can I find the fees?

also can I use my automated strategies for cryptos?

Thanks
                      Kian
                      Last edited by kian123; 02-21-2021, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Hello Kian, thanks for your post.

We do use the Coinbase Pro API type for the CoinBase connection in NinjaTrader. The CoinBase connection is for analysis only, no live order execution can be done with the connection. You can backtest automated strategies written in NinjaScript, but they can not be deployed on your CoinBase account.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
                          Hello Kian, thanks for your post.

We do use the Coinbase Pro API type for the CoinBase connection in NinjaTrader. The CoinBase connection is for analysis only, no live order execution can be done with the connection. You can backtest automated strategies written in NinjaScript, but they can not be deployed on your CoinBase account.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Hi Chris, Can we deploy automated strategies with coinbase pro? or are you saying that it is not currently possible to use automation on crypto?

Comment

Hello tmuto, thanks for your post.

You may enable an automated strategy on the Sim101 account while using the Coinbase connection. There's not a way to trade real bitcoin though.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to add ADAUSD, from Coinbase/GDAX, but I can't, I get this error message:

The "Master instrument" field for cryptocurrency instruments can only contain the cryptocurrency code of the 2 supported cryptocurrencies being used

What do I have to do to add ADAUSD to my instruments? Why can't you update the instruments directly from the tools option?

When will you add BINANCE to connections?

octaviogarcia
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - octaviogarciatrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post nandhumca  
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post The_Sec