Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart NetChange in Market Analyzer

Greetings,
    New to NinjaTrader and working my way through everything.
    In Market Analyzer you can select a column called Chart NetChange for each instrument.

Is it possible to add netChange for a specific instrument to an ordinary plotted chart?

Also what is the timeframe span on the Chart NetChange?
    Last edited by fxSol; 03-14-2020, 10:57 PM.

Hello fxSol,

Yes, NinjaTrader 8 has the Net change display indicator available in the Available list of the Indicators window.

The time frame is from the close of the previous session.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Do you know of a way, either via an indicator - Ninja native or third party, or tweaking an existing function like the Net Change field in Market Analyzer to display the net change as a line. I'd like to plot it as Overlay on my charts.

Also, is it possible to tweak Net Change to print a positively sloped green line or green numerical value (point, ticks) even when the net change is below the prior session's close, but changing from -500 to -400 ticks/points for example.

Conversely, how can I adjust the Net Change indicator so it prints a negatively sloped red line or red numerical value (point or tick) even when the change change is above the prior session's close but changing from 500 to 400 ticks/points?

Thanks in advance for responding to my question.
      Last edited by oldporkchops; 08-25-2023, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hello oldporkchops,

Unfortunately there is no such indicator present by default in NinjaTrader Desktop.

I suggest to check the publicly available NinjaTrader ecosystem website for any custom created indicators from other users (User App Share) or look for 3rd party indicators (Trading Indicators) that offer the functionality you seek.
        Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

If you can't find what you need, you could contact a NinjaScript programmer at the following link to create a custom indicator for you.
        Search trading apps & services to cusomize your NinjaTrader platform with trading indicators, signals and strategies.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes