complete newb needs help with missing data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

complete newb needs help with missing data

Just opened account to trial NT. I am interested in Futures, CFDs and FX.

Its pretty straight forward to open chart. I am able to open charts GC 04-20, ES 6-20 and they have data visible. ie drawing candles (tick charts). However charts such as SPI 6-20 (futures) and BTCUSD (crypto) and AAPL(stocks) remain blank when i open them. I'm guessing it is something to do with data feeds? My connection is NT Continuum (Demo)

Hello greg099,

Thank you for your note.

The NinjaTrader Continuum demo only provides futures data for a particular amount of instruments, you would not be able to load stock data with this connection for example.

If you want to load data successfully for these instruments, you'll need to connect to a data provider that supplies this data.

Please see the Data By Provider page on our Help Guide to see what type of data is provided by different supported data providers: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply. OK so it looks like I am only getting futures data because I am using continuum. Why then do I not get any data for the SPI 6-20 contract?

Comment

Further, Am I able to connect with these other data providers while using demo? Or am I restricted to Continuum? If I can use can I be connected to more than one at the time in demo mode?

Comment

Hello grego99,

Thank you for your note.

This instrument isn't available with the NinjaTrader Continuum demo accounts. You can still connect to other data providers in the platform, you should be able to connect to other accounts in addition to the demo account as well (as long they are not from the same provider CQG)

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by prisonbreaker82, 02-24-2024, 11:16 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post proptradingshop  
          Started by geotrades1, Today, 07:54 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post geotrades1