Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Template setup issue

Hello Support

I have different Forex Session Templates for example Europe-US session and another for the Asian session. I use various templates for my Volume Profiles. I'm getting errors when I try to setup a template from Monday morning 0700 UK time to Friday night 2200. Each day's 24hr period runs from 0700 - 0700. The issue is with Friday night as the Forex market closes 2200. It won't allow me to create Friday as 0700 - 2200??

I have done the same with another template but using 2200 - 2200 for each 24hr period which works fine.

I have tried ticking and un-ticking the "EOD" boxes using different combinations but it has not helped?

See attached screenshots

Hope you can help
    Attached Files

I recall similar issue driving me bonkers for Futures - same issue, different scenario - they open at 1800 EST on Sunday evening rather than 1630, but at least the EODs are all the same. Interested to hear more on the subject….

Comment

The first error "EOD definition is not valid. There can only be one EOD marker for any particular day" is expected when you have more than one EOD defined for on day of the week. In this case your last two sessions both end on Friday. You must uncheck one of the EOD markers for your Friday sessions.

However, if you do uncheck one of the Friday EODs, you run into another error "A trading day must be less than 24 hours. A trading day is defined by all session definitions until the EOD (End Of Day) session definition.). This is also expected because you're attempting to define a session which runs from Thursday at 700 until Friday at 2200. This is greater than 24 hours.

I am struggling to find a good way to create your desired trading hours via the current behavior of the trading hours templates. It may be easier to understand 'why' by looking at the built in template 'ASX interest rate'. Notice that this template has two sessions which spans over two days (starts on Sunday afternoon, end on Monday afternoon), but the total session time is less than 24 hours. Perhaps this will assist you in creating a compromise with your template.

I'll submit a feature request to have multiple EODs or to allow templates which run longer than 24 hours. I'll submit this to the Development Team and follow up when I have a tracking number.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-27-2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

yep, been there, done that, same conclusion, no way - hence Custom Session templates, multiple data series on same chart and Repeater indicator to show Sessions (because bizarrely and not as per 7, intraday Session breaks don't appear on the chart until the Session EOD!)
        Please add my vote once you have a ticket

Thanks

Kind regards

Comment

TraderYoda, the tracking ID is SFT-2566.

Bruce, you've already put a vote in for this in this forum post

Comment

Ah, ok, good, thanks

Comment

Hello Support

Are there any updates on tracking ID SFT-2566?

Comment

SFT-2566 is still being tracked, however, there is no update at this time. There typically isn't any update until the feature request is implemented. You can find the tracking numbers in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post TradeForge  
                Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian