Conexion Rithmic error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conexion Rithmic error

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to Rithmic. Everything was working properly until this morning when I went to connect. Connection failure appears, and I don't know what could be the reason. I am doing a test through Earn 2 Trade, with the username and password it connects perfectly through R-Trader, but it does not connect through Ninja with the same username and password. I have updated to the latest version, I have uninstalled and installed the program and it isnt solved. What I can do?
    Last edited by San_Miguel; 03-16-2020, 08:29 AM.

Welcome to the forums San_Miguel!

Earn2Trade live account connections should be set up with a generic Rithmic Connection. A grandfathered license key must also be used to trade with a live account with Earn2Trade. Paper trading accounts should use the Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage connection.

You can reach out to our Platform Sales team at platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com to see if your license is grandfathered for using the generic Rithmic connection to access a live Earn2Trade account.

You can also use the Sim license key to set up the generic Rithmic connection, however, this will not allow you to trade against the live account. License keys are entered in the Control Center's Help > License Key menu.

The Sim key is included below.

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

I look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for answering. I am a lifetime user, and I also have credentials to connect to Earn2Trade. Everything worked correctly until yesterday, but today it does not connect. From the R-Trader platform I enter the Rithmic data and open the platform, but it does not do it from ninjatrader. It is clear that it is a problem of the Ninjatrader platform, but I cannot solve it. I have sent an email to support and I am waiting for a response.

Comment

I have the same problem (lifetime user)

Comment

Hello weeclemans,

Have you confirmed with Platform Sales that your license key allows live Earn2Trade accounts? (Please email them to confirm.) These accounts must be configured with a generic Rtihmic connection and a license key that allows generic Rithmic connections would be needed. Paper trading accounts may use the Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage connection.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

I have purchased the ninjatrader platform lifetime license only.

Comment

Hello weeclemans,

Please email Platform Sales to discuss specifics with your license key as there are certain licensing implications with Earn2Trade.

platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com

Comment

I need it for paper trading only.

Comment

Did you set up the connection using Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage? What happens when you connect to your paper trading account using this connection? Please include a screenshot for any errors seen.

Please also ensure your license key is entered in the Control Center under Help > License Key

If Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage is not available in your list of Available Connections, you will need to reach out to the Platform Sales team to have your license reconfigured.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Comment

Hello weeclemans,

This is the error I would expect to see if you are connecting to a live Earn2Trade account using "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage." Those accounts should connect to a generic "Rithmic" connection instead of "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage."

I suggest confirming with Earn2Trade if the account is a live account or it is in fact a paper trading account if this is not known.

If this is in fact a paper trading account, you will also need to select "Rithmic Paper Trading (Chicago)" from the "System" drop-down list when setting up the "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage connection."

You may still connect to the live account and use that data to place practice trades on a NinjaTrader simulation account like the Sim101 account. Note: using the SIM license key will not allow you to place trades to a live account, but will allow you to place practice trades on a simulation account like the Sim101 account. Please seen my instruction from post #2 for doing so:

You can also use the Sim license key to set up the generic Rithmic connection, however, this will not allow you to trade against the live account. License keys are entered in the Control Center's Help > License Key menu.

The Sim key is included below.

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

Comment

Ok
                        I have Rithmic Demo account for connecting to Rithmic Paper Trading
                        - on lifetime license key for NT8, I get error https://prnt.sc/syejvk
                        - on free license key for NT8, it working fine

Comment

Hello weeclemans,

Please reach out to me over email at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2458020" and please include a link to this thread. We can schedule a remote support session to verify how the account is set up. (Please include a time zone and a phone number I may reach you.) Our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

Shortly before our call, please launch our remote support application (TeamViewer). There are 2 ways you can do this.I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post cls71
                          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM