ALERTS- Will I still be notified, by text, when I turn off my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALERTS- Will I still be notified, by text, when I turn off my computer

Does anyone know if I will still receive text alerts, that I have set up already in NT8, when I turn off my computer. This feature works in IBKR
    Thanks

Alerts configured in NinjaTrader require real-time data to function. No real-time data can be received by NinjaTrader if NinjaTrader is shutdown/your PC s shut down. Alerts would not function while NinjaTrader is disconnected/your PC is turned off.

Comment

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear. Especially when this feature works with my computer turned off on Interactive Brokers. Do you know if there are changes in the works to change this?

Comment

"Changing this" would require NinjaTrader to have some sort of cloud-based component that keeps your logged in. This is relatively easy for Interactive Brokers because all of the moving parts are under one roof. NinjaTrader, on the other hand, is simply a platform with no direct control over the underlying order routing or data feed infrastructure.

There are long term plans for a solution that would allow for this and many other features, but that will not come soon.

Comment

why NT doesn't add cloud-base system that would solve so many problems, alerts, been able to to just turn on any pc and have your orders, studies,workplaces and much more there no matter what machine you turn on

Comment

Hello eddiekellertri,

While the NinjaTrader platform itself runs locally on your PC and would not be able to provide cloud-based services, we are looking into alternative ways to enable this and hope to have news in the near future.

Please stay tuned!
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Manfred thanks for the update.

Just for your information I do use several platforms and some of them like Profit Pro from Nelogica and ThinkOrSwim from TD Ameritrade both runs locally on my PC and offer cloud service as I can use on any machine and mobile apps you may want to check with them to get help. Ninja Trader is VERY expensive to not offer these services, even MetaTrader have a simple web version.

Comment

Agreed. It seems like this should be a priority. NT is expensive and antiquated in this regard. Why can't they adopt the tech from other platforms?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion