Volumetric Bars Ask/Bid Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric Bars Ask/Bid Location

The unconventional construct of the volumetric bars having both the ask and bid columns to the right side of the candle is potentially and aesthetically confusing. Why this construct is chosen?

Please consider programming the bid and ask columns separated and placed on the left and right side of the candle, as they will be more intuitive when they are used.

Thanks.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-27-2018, 09:39 AM.

I've moved your post to its own thread as it was not directly related to the thread you posted on originally.

I've submitted a feature request for what you've described. I'll edit this post when I receive a tracking number. EDIT - the tracking ID is SFT-2956.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-31-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

This is a visual display preference where we just picked an approach and went with it. Some users will prefer how it is implemented, some may prefer it split in the middle as you do. If we get some demand for having it rendered in the middle we could consider an option for that.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
        This is a visual display preference where we just picked an approach and went with it. Some users will prefer how it is implemented, some may prefer it split in the middle as you do. If we get some demand for having it rendered in the middle we could consider an option for that.
        Thanks Brett.

Unless there is a plausible advantage to the current display preference, I think you will find most traders that actually trade Volumetric Bars are used to split bid/ask columns and would prefer a split design that provides a visually "ballanced" bid/ask relationship with respect to the actual candle(O,H,L,C) location.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post funk10101  
        Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes