Getting NT and TOS bars to match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting NT and TOS bars to match

I have configured a chart in TOS to render bars with these settings...

Click image for larger version

Name:	q_tos.png
Views:	440
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1090993

I'm trying to get NT8 to match the bars but I can't figure it out.

Here are my settings in NT when I try to use a Renko type. Note the red circle below around the red bar in the uptrend below which doesn't exists in TOS...

Click image for larger version

Name:	q_nt.png
Views:	642
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1090995

The screen shots from both applications are using the same TD Ameritrade connection.

What am I missing here? How do I get NT to generate the same bar's as the TOS settings?
    Attached Files

You want <some combo of> your NinjaTrader Range/Renko bars to match <some combo of> your TOS Range/Renko charts?

Good luck with that.

Even if you match up the settings, there is no guarantee that these non-time based charts will use the exact same starting
    time to start generating the bars.

If you wanted to get minute, or day/weekly/yearly charts to match, this would be much more feasible.

But getting Renko and/or Range charts to match across two different products with two different data feeds, well,
    that seems highly unlikely.

There could easily be subtle differences in the underlying implementations of these bar types that we don't know about.
    But just getting the charts to start at the exact same moment (so that initial bars could start in sync and hopefully all
    subsequent bars would stay in sync) seems like a hit or miss kind of thing ...

The granularity of control you seek to effect the outcome you want is (I think) simply not there.

Comment

Hello stoner,

Thanks for your post.

While using a tick interval chart, the chart's bars are going to refresh, which will cause new and different sized bars to appear at different times. (As ticks come into NinjaTrader in real-time, they are time stamped based on your local PC time if they do not already have an associated time stamp that is provided from the real-time data source. The majority of our supported brokerage feeds DO NOT time stamp ticks, where most of our supported market data vendor feeds do provide time stamped ticks. NinjaTrader then builds bars based on the time stamp of the incoming tick and displays these bars in your chart in real-time.)

Please see the link below for more information on "How Bars are Built''; see the section on 'Understanding why a chart can look different after reloading historical data from the server.':

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._are_built.htm

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes