PnL Display Lagging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PnL Display Lagging?

In the NT8 Control Center, the PnL display for accounts seems to lag behind that displayed in the Trade Performance window by one order. Can this be confirmed by others?

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions.
    There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
    • Partial fills
    • Holding overnight positions
    • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
    • Using another program to place an order will not show this order in NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.
    I suspect the Trade Performance is lagging behind in PnL because it is considering the current order to be the "opening" order in the report and not the "round trip closed" order.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Marco.

The orders being reported are all placed within NT8, directly from Basic Entry. All orders were placed on and completed within one day, in fact within 20 minutes of the first order. No other orders were placed during the whole day, not from NT8 and not externally. All orders were placed whilst the preceding orders were active, but all were closed at the same time.

The Control Center "Total PnL" started correctly at zero for the day (new start of NT8), and the NT8 Trade Performance window (no external reporting involved) was also empty of orders.

Four fully completed orders later (in 20 minutes), the Control Center value was exactly the Cumulative PnL of the second last completed order. The Trade Performance window list had all four orders with the third order (i.e. the second last completed order) matching the Control Center displayed "Total PnL", but with a fourth order not accumulated into the Control Center total.

I have seen this behaviour several times in the same very well-defined conditions that involve purely NT8 reporting. Hope it can be investigated and replicated/verified/fixed.

Thanks.
      Last edited by jeronymite; 03-19-2020, 12:42 AM.
      jeronymite

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

So I can try to replicate this on my end can you please list the exact steps required to reproduce this item?

Comment

Thanks, Marco.

It's straightforward:
          1. Check the PnL that Control Center has displayed for a given account
          2. Check the orders displayed in the Trade Performance window (Trades item) for the current day [preferably none]
          3. Check that your overall Position is flat
          4. Open a Basic Entry window and choose a Forex pair
          5. Buy or Sell a small amount (say, 1 micro or mini)
          6. Wait a minute then buy/sell (the same direction as the first order) another small amount
          7. Repeat this, say, 4 or 5 times
          8. Close the position with Close
          9. Check the Control Center PnL numbers against the Trade Performance cumulative nett PnL window numbers -- this should show the discrepancy
          I hope this reproduces the issue for you.

Thanks!
          jeronymite

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that information.

I got the following when I did as you laid it out:

If this is the discrepancy you are referring to, The Control Center shows PnL as aggregated, while the Trade performance shows the gross profit and loss separately, and adding these values together gives me the Control Center value.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post Skifree
            by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses