X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertochi
    replied
    Originally posted by MarketMaker View Post
    Anyone having luck today? I'm not getting any order confirmations back. Was working pretty good this week until today.
    Worst day ever, so far, 11:50AM and still not working. Restarted NT a zillion times already. I don't know what to say. Is TDA pulling the plug on their API?

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Orders got unstuck and started working at 11:48AM EST for me today.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Anyone having luck today? I'm not getting any order confirmations back. Was working pretty good this week until today.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Originally posted by bertochi View Post
    Hello, just to let everyone know that I did make several complaints to TDA customer service as well as messaging several times TDA-API support. .
    Call this a coincidence but there is a better behaviour this morning. It started working properly sooner than previous days, within the first 30 minutes. Lets see what happens in the days ahead and hope that we can put this issue behind us.
    Good day to everyone.
    Thanks bertochi ! Yes, I noticed the same thing. This is the earliest I've been able to enable strategies in over a week. I really appreciate you communicating with TDA and with this forum.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Hello, just to let everyone know that I did make several complaints to TDA customer service as well as messaging several times TDA-API support. .
    Call this a coincidence but there is a better behaviour this morning. It started working properly sooner than previous days, within the first 30 minutes. Lets see what happens in the days ahead and hope that we can put this issue behind us.
    Good day to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    bertochi , the Development Team has been in contact with TD Ameritrade throughout the existence of this thread and especially so once we were able to reproduce the symptom. I have no update for you on their progress at this time.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Agree MarketMaker
    I have sent several messages now to TdaApi support, and also to gral customer service to make them aware there is a critical issue which has been going on for months now. Once again, when you think about it, I might be wrong of course but this looks to be a server issue of some kind.
    Patrick, if your team can reach out to your contacts at Tda, to describe this clear issue,.and in case it has not done yet, that would be appreciated.
    Good day.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Originally posted by bertochi View Post
    05/05/2020 11:04hs, the time at which the TDA API starts responding and working as it should for the day.
    Agreed on timing, unfortunately we miss a ton of morning volatility and opportunity.

What's weird is that the logging from TDA is inconsistent. Yesterday, I got a status message only ONCE (see previous post). Today, it just hung with no messages.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    05/05/2020 11:04hs, the time at which the TDA API starts responding and working as it should for the day.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    I know @MarketMaker. This is ab-so-lu-te-ly ridiculous. If you explain this to someone else, they would not believe this could be happening in 2020. I will see if I can talk to someone from customer service to make them aware. I do not know what else could be done. Otherwise we are left in a limbo, do not know what is going on, do know know for how long will it be like this, do not know if someone is working to fix it. The email response that I received from TDA did not show any sense of urgency. Anyway, have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    I agree with bertochi, no restart necesary. Every morning, I just keep trying a tiny order in a test strategy until I see an order update. That's when I know it's clear to turn on my strategies. It's pretty ridiculous that I have to do this just to start trading. Very frustrating. Tempted to bail on TDA, but free commissions are attractive. Hopefully they'll get it together soon.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    TDA is now working at 11:43 EST.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    11:37am and it's just started working. Totally impossible to continue like this. I am furious at TDA. I understand this is not NT's fault. I will follow up with further messages to TDA, and other areas other than API to let them know what they are doing to their customers. No need to restart Patrick. There is a pattern. TDA knows what their problem is and they won't tell us, but a good guess is a server issue. HOW is it possible that it does not work at all until just now, and suddenly it starts working magically from now till the end of the session?
    ===============================
    New follow up message to TDA/API:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Dear Michael,
    Today there was no response from the API until 11:38hs and this is totally killing/destroying your customers. This has been happening for months now. ARE YOU working on to fix this CRITICAL issue? or shall we start looking for another place to trade?
    Please advise
    Thank you
    ================================
    As I suggested before, please do send a message to TDA API, that will be a way to show the urgency of this issue.

Thank you
    Last edited by bertochi; 05-04-2020, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I'd recommend restarting your PC in case that 'refreshes' the communication with TD Ameritrade.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Still not tradable at 11:22 EST =(

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Belfortbucks