Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarketMaker
    replied
    NinjaTrader_PatrickG Sent you the email with logs/trace. Thanks for your continued help on this!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    MarketMaker , TD Ameritrade has told us that they're "working on it", however, I'd like more information about this message from your files.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2463730 ATTN Patrick

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    I saw a new error from TD today in NT. Maybe they're working on the issue and at least now, they're responding with status errors, instead of just hanging...

"5/4/2020 9:18:43 AM,Order,There was a problem retrieving order statuses: We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.,"
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MarketMaker; 05-04-2020, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    UPDATE.
    Hello,
    NinjaTrader_PatrickG, loremont, MarketMaker, @nickslad
    and to everyone actively following this thread post and keen to get this sorted,
    as I wrote earlier on this post, I had written to TDA API support, and they have finally replied. It is as we all suspected. I appreciate that Patrick could replicate the issue at his end and that he confirmed the issue does not happen with the new API under development. TDA API customer support confirmed this issue we all suffer every day is unrelated to the API. If any of you have not writen to TDA API customer support I strongly encourage you all to do so without any further delay to this email [email protected] so we can get our voices heard, the more the better and lets hope that this bug goes away soon.
    Dear Patrick, could I also ask you to update your team with these news, and maybe ask them to follow this up with TDA at your end as well?

Here below some paragraphs from my emails to TDA API support:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I would like to report a repetitive issue which happens every single day during the first hour of trading, between 9:30 and 10:30hs Eastern time, where the TD Ameritrade API fails to respond or update the status of the orders sent using the "Ninjatrader platform". This issue is completely resolved after around 11am Eastern time every day.
    Thank you
    ====
    Hello,
    This is related to an internal issue that is unrelated to the API. We have made significant changes in the last few months that has improved on this. We are also opening critical tickets each time we notice this happening. I apologise for the inconvenience.
    Kind regard,

Michael Ying
    Product Manager, Trader
    TD Ameritrade
    600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654
    T 866-839-1100
    ====
    Dear Michael,
    Every day the TDA API starts working properly at around 11AM. It is as if you switch the API to a good server at that time of the day.
    Before then, and during the first 90 minutes of trading, the API does not respond to the status of orders, forcing us users to restart Ninjatrader in order to get the correct statuses of those orders, and we have to do this every 3 minutes in my case. Then, the software itself takes some long couple of minutes to fully load, and then we need to restart it again once a new order is sent.
    I hope you do realise the urgency of this matter. And it is literally as I said, NO response during the first 90 minutes, then magically (that is why I said you switched servers or something similar) all working as it should from 11 AM for the rest of the day.
    Please kindly have this sorted as soon as you can. It is a tragedy as it is.
    Thank you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by bertochi; 04-30-2020, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    This week I experienced a better behavior of the interface and particularly on Wednesday the orders and feedback were not perfect but way more stable. I still had to disconnect and re-connect a few times, mostly because not all shares purchased were reported back to NT8, or some sales were not fed back. Yet most operations went smoothly, both ways. It looks to me that the Ameritrade side was somehow improved already(?).

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing details on what they're experiencing and for your patience while we investigated further.

We were able to hit the symptom this morning of order modifications getting 'stuck' in a pending status. The Development Team is now researching further. The internal tracking number is 14419. We were also able to confirm that this symptom does not occur with the new TD Ameritrade API that is currently in development.

I'll follow up when there is any new information.
    Thanks NinjaTrader_PatrickG That's Awesome. Thanks for still working on this issue.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing details on what they're experiencing and for your patience while we investigated further.

We were able to hit the symptom this morning of order modifications getting 'stuck' in a pending status. The Development Team is now researching further. The internal tracking number is 14419. We were also able to confirm that this symptom does not occur with the new TD Ameritrade API that is currently in development.

Thank you Patrick. Glad to hear that.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Thanks @loremont and @MarketMaker for following up on this. I could not simply add anything to what already has been said
    @NinjaTrader_PatrickG Thank you for checking this issue on your end on that particular day. I am puzzled as to why you did not experience the same issue that all of us suffer every day, but I am certain that if you try again, you will be able to replicate it. Any order sent within the first 30 minutes of trading is stuck at submitted or working status, and not showing up as filled until NT is restarted.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    markettrader , I believe that you're experiencing the symptoms you're reporting. The difficulty is that these symptoms cannot be reproduced by myself or the Development Team so there is no way to make progress towards a solution from our end.

At this point, the Development Team is stress testing the new TD Ameritrade API. I am not yet convinced that this isn't a networking or TD Ameritrade API/server issue that is intermittent and/or regional. The new API will hopefully prevent the symptoms you're reporting.
    The new API-NT8 versions (or at least NT8) should have an appropriate handshake and associated semaphore internal controls so that NT8 checks that the API got the right orders and that NT8 automatically looks once a minute the current state of the Ameritrade accounts and make the right updates in NT8.

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    Originally posted by MarketMaker View Post
    By the way, it's 10:41 EST and TDA is now working. I've been doing test trades all morning to discover when to turn on my strategies.
    I had a lot of trouble (could not even send an order from NT8 on two different occasions,) earlier on today's session. Later it started to work well, something that has been typical. I gather from @NinjaTrader_PatrickG that the new API should resolve these horrible issues we are experiencing (and that has already cost me quite a bit of money). I wish them success for their and our own sake.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    markettrader , I believe that you're experiencing the symptoms you're reporting. The difficulty is that these symptoms cannot be reproduced by myself or the Development Team so there is no way to make progress towards a solution from our end.

At this point, the Development Team is stress testing the new TD Ameritrade API. I am not yet convinced that this isn't a networking or TD Ameritrade API/server issue that is intermittent and/or regional. The new API will hopefully prevent the symptoms you're reporting.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    By the way, it's 10:41 EST and TDA is now working. I've been doing test trades all morning to discover when to turn on my strategies.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    It seems we've been going around and around about this issue for weeks. Could we do a group Zoom session? I think several of us feel very strongly about this issue and have provided some evidence. However, I don't believe we've convinced NinjaTrader_PatrickG that there is in fact a real issue. If Patrick isn't convinced, then this issue is not bubbling up to the level where anything can happen.

My NT is run from Amazon AWS cloud, therefore connectivity and speed is not an issue.

The day that Patrick did the test himself was coincidentally the only day in weeks where it was working before 10am EST.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    NinjaTrader_PatrickG If you check now 9:28EST, you'll see that orders are stuck in submitted state. Initial orders are received and executed by TDA, but NT never gets confirmed and stops are not submitted because the original order was never confirmed. The Strategy becomes out of sync.

I did some testing and waited for several minutes. Eventually the orders get confirmed, but obviously this is not acceptable. At this point, I still believe this to be a TDA problem. However, we could certainly use the weight of NT to help us ask TDA to address this serious issue.

Please try your testing now.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
3 responses
0 likes