X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loremont
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    loremont , pretty much all of us are working at home during these times, however, if you believe the issue is connection quality/speed related, that would not be something NinjaTrader could directly assist with. As I've mentioned before, there is a new API in development that may render this entire thread irrelevant.

I'll pass this on to the Development Team for review on the current and new API.
    I do NOT believe the issue is connection quality-speed related. Anyway, let's wait for the new API. Thanks, @NinjaTrader_PatrickG and I am glad you are working from home. The worse problem we all have is, of course, the horrible pandemic. Best wishes to all!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    loremont , pretty much all of us are working at home during these times, however, if you believe the issue is connection quality/speed related, that would not be something NinjaTrader could directly assist with. As I've mentioned before, there is a new API in development that may render this entire thread irrelevant.

I'll pass this on to the Development Team for review on the current and new API.

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    loremont , my intention was not to imply NinjaTrader is not researching these symptoms. I was simply pointing out that NinjaTrader has as of yet been unable to reproduce these symptoms at the same time as a few TD Ameritrade users. There must be an unknown variable or some uniqueness on your end that is contributing to the symptom.

If you have any suggestions as to additional steps that haven't been suggested here that we should take to attempt to reproduce this symptom on our end, please provide those steps in as much detail as possible.
    Thank you @NinjaTrader_PatrickG and yes my concern is that the issue would be abandoned. I suggest that you try to have a session opened during regular trading hours with four SuperDOMs, each operating a different account (Ameritrade allows linking several accounts so that when you open an NT8 session they all show up in the control panel). Then manually do trades on each SuperDOM on quick succession on a sizable amount of shares (a few thousand on each account) every now and then (say every half an hour or every hour, first a Buy on each window, later a Sale). Try a regular connection, one a typical user would have, not a superfast one you may have in your offices. Perhaps one of you should home one day and use your home connection to test this. I do have a fairly fast connection at home and besides, I use to trade from anywhere when I am traveling, sometimes using poor connections. I never had a problem until the version that required to configure the Ameritrade connection with Credentials.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    @loremont I share your pain and frustration, and while I appreciate @NinjaTrader_PatrickG response, as I said, I doubt this is an "isolated connectivity issue", but I am not the expert, only the user. I know there are a couple of other users with the same issue, and I do not believe/think there are many more users using NT-TDA.
    Anyway, I know I asked you @NinjaTrader_PatrickG in the past if I should contact TDA in regards to this issue and you said I should not since you are already interacting with them. Well, since there is no news on this critical issue, critical at least for me, and you seem to believe it is "an isolated connectivity issue", I have contacted the TDA API guys in written this evening and I will follow up as much as I can to see if TDA can improve something at their end.
    I am frustrated, but @NinjaTrader_PatrickG, I do not think there is an issue with NT, since it works fine in the afternoon. I might be wrong but this looks to me as a server issue at TDA in the first hour/s of the day, and I hoped you guys at NT customer support would have been able to find.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    loremont , my intention was not to imply NinjaTrader is not researching these symptoms. I was simply pointing out that NinjaTrader has as of yet been unable to reproduce these symptoms at the same time as a few TD Ameritrade users. There must be an unknown variable or some uniqueness on your end that is contributing to the symptom.

If you have any suggestions as to additional steps that haven't been suggested here that we should take to attempt to reproduce this symptom on our end, please provide those steps in as much detail as possible.

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    Since we're unable to reproduce on our end, this points towards an isolated connectivity issue that may be causing the symptom on your end. Again, a new API is in development which may inadvertently resolve this symptom for you, however, we've now proven that the symptom is not universal to all TD Ameritrade users connecting with NinjaTrader and placing trades in the first part of an RTH session.
    I had the same issues reported by @MarketMaker and @bertochi every trading day including yesterday and today. The worse hours are the first half of the regular trading hours and it works better (not perfectly) on the second half. The issue is persistent as hell and MUST be taken seriously, please.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Dear Patrick,
    - "this points towards an isolated connectivity issue that may be causing the symptom on your end". It might be that I have an issue during the first hour of the trading day, every single day, but I doubt it.
    - "we've now proven that the symptom is not universal to all TD Ameritrade users connecting with NinjaTrader and placing trades in the first part of an RTH session". I am happy to hear that.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Since we're unable to reproduce on our end, this points towards an isolated connectivity issue that may be causing the symptom on your end. Again, a new API is in development which may inadvertently resolve this symptom for you, however, we've now proven that the symptom is not universal to all TD Ameritrade users connecting with NinjaTrader and placing trades in the first part of an RTH session.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Dear Patrick,

Same behaviour of previous days here. During first 1 to 2 hours, orders do not get a filled status. Today, the issue went away by 10:30hs Eastern, so only happened during the first hour. I have a workaround, as explained earlier on this thread, and if any order is not filled within 3 minutes, NT is restarted, but you should be aware of this and that is why I created the thread post in the first place.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    We tested the TD Ameritrade adapter that you're using for approximately the first hour of RTH today:
    • Entering, modifying orders all worked as expected
    • Fills worked as expected
    • No disconnections
    Did you experience any symptoms this morning?

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Thanks for your quick reply Patrick. It is good to know you have a live connection. I did mention that because one of your colleagues even suggested using my live account to test another issue, and this was in written on another thread post on this forum.
    Kind regards

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    That information is incorrect. We have a live TD Ameritrade account from which we can test behavior on our end.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Dear Patrick,

If you do not mind me asking, I recall from your colleagues that you do not have a live account at TDA, so I could not imagine how could you possibly actively test the connection. I ask this with my deepest respect but there is no way you can test or replicate any behaviour without a live account at TDA. And if you do indeed have a live account at TDA, well, this thread is quite old now, and you could simply try send a market order within the first 30 minutes of the trading day using any strategy and you will see that you never get the "filled" status although the order has already been filled. In regards to other reports from users, I doubt there are many users using this combo NT-TDA. WIsh this API could get fixed once and for ever.
    Thanks once again.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I was not actively testing TD Ameritrade this morning, however, we do not have any reports of this behavior from other users today other than the two in this thread.

I cannot provide any update or ETA on the upcoming new TD Ameritrade API. The Development Team is actively working on improving the adapter and it will be released publicly once it has been thoroughly tested internally.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    @MarketMaker Same here.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse