Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Today 3/26, at 10:40am EST did not work. 12pm EST till close worked great, where I had 200+ successful trade executions. We just need to figure out why it doesn't work in the morning. The last hour of trade was very busy and volatile, yet NT/TDA handled it fine. For that, I'm thankful.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Patrick,

Wanted to add another data point for today. Same situation, where when things work, they work fine. However, most of the day exhibited the same symptoms previously outlined. It's very binary, either it works or it doesn't.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Patrick,

Can you confirm your Devs agree with our assessment?

Can you provide an ETA on the new API?

What exactly is the the new TDA API supposed to address?

Can you outline or list the features or bug-fixes in this new API.

As you can imagine, I'm a little concerned about the current state of NT/TDA and its longterm stability and viability. Do you have a rough number of NT users that trade with TDA?

Thanks for answering each question. I think we'd like some transparency so we can build some confidence going forward.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Thanks to everyone for contributing their symptoms/work around/further details.

As previously stated, the Development Team is actively working on a new API for TD Ameritrade in which I suspect many of these symptoms will be eliminated. I'll follow up when I have more information.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Originally posted by MarketMaker View Post
    I want to add that my NT install is in the Amazon AWS cloud with very good internet access. This is definitely a software integration or performance issue between NT and TDA.

I've noticed also that NT does not correctly report my open positions in the "Positions" window. For example, if I buy something in my ToS platform, it's not quickly and correctly updated in NT. My existing positions that show up when I start NT are also not updated in realtime and shows considerable lag. These are all new behaviors that I've noticed in the last few days.
    Dear @MarketMaker Thank you for sharing your comments.
    I also experience a slow update of my positions when executing trades from my strategies. You look at the strategies tab after a trade is executed and the position shows as sync-false, even though the trade shows as filled. Sometimes it takes 3 to 5 minutes for the position to update and show in sync, and sometimes it simply does not update. Anyway, as I am restarting NT after seconds after a trade execution, I am taking care of yet this other issue/bug. I think it is very positive that all TDA users share our thoughts/comments in here to help the developers understand the seriousness of the problem . Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    I want to add that my NT install is in the Amazon AWS cloud with very good internet access. This is definitely a software integration or performance issue between NT and TDA.

I've noticed also that NT does not correctly report my open positions in the "Positions" window. For example, if I buy something in my ToS platform, it's not quickly and correctly updated in NT. My existing positions that show up when I start NT are also not updated in realtime and shows considerable lag. These are all new behaviors that I've noticed in the last few days.

Leave a comment:

• MarketMaker
    replied
    Hi All,

I want to report the same exact problem. Any order sent is not confirmed. The order is actually executed, but since the order isn't confirmed, NT can't submit the stop order.

This is a serious problem and renders NT/TDA useless. This was all working before the last TDA udpate that broke the connection.

Seems like it might have something to do with Market business...maybe on the TDA side?

As mentioned by others, there are times when everything works fine. Yesterday morning was broken, but afternoon was okay. Today was a complete loss.

bertochi, we have a lot in common. I've read several of your threads and share all of your complaints. Thanks for being vocal in the forum. I've been using NT for a while and just recently joined the forum.

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    Another update: I bought stocks on my three accounts on the aftermarket at about 2:10 PM using Thinkorswim while NT 8 was still running on the background and connected to the API and lord and behold the corresponding SuperDOM windows were promptly and automatically updated.
    Sure @bertochi and thank you for initiating this whole discussion. May the Force be with you :-)

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Thank you @loremont for reporting your issues too.
    Once again, if there are any other users experiencing these issues with TDA, please make sure to write/comment on this post to help both yourself and the developers to understand and hopefully fix the problem asap.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    At 1:30 PM, NT 8 and my three SuperDOMs are behaving well again. This time I just had to Disconnect and Connect again (without closing the application) once. It is quite erratic though today it has a better behavior than last week.

Leave a comment:

• loremont
    replied
    Update. This morning NT 8 worked flawlessly until just past 1:PM EST when two out of three of my SuperDOMs did not update properly the sales ordered from them. The (CLOSE) sales were executed promptly. The SuperDOMs did not register them as executed as they should. I feel inclined to believe that this is NT 8 misbehaving, but that is well, just my feel. Patrick, I am curious whether you are reading my postings. Thanks for your hard work and best regards.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Update. It is 11:57hs Eastern and at this time today orders start getting updated as they should. The time at which this issue is resolved every day is at random within the first 2/3 hours of the day.
    I opened Thinkorswim now as a test, and it does not affect NT "orders" behaviour, which is working fine since moments ago.
    If I had a direct contact at TDA, I would call them and ask specifically what is going on, why the API (or whatever) behaves in a different manner in the "morning" hours. Maybe it is not a big deal but it is impacting NT to a point where it is no usable as it is.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    NinjaTrader_PatrickG Absolutely.
    Furthermore, as explained earlier, at some point on the day when this issue gets magically resolved, all orders start getting updated, regardless of any other simultaneous connection, i.e. Thinkorswim or web, connected to TDA.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    bertochi , are you absolutely certain that you did not log into TD Ameritrade from any other device? Not even in the morning to check quotes?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-23-2020, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bertochi
    replied
    Dear Patrick,
    Tried today what you asked on your last message, and left NT running with no other programs opened, and no changes to this behaviour. Submitted orders are getting stuck and not being updated. Only cure, as said, earlier, is to restart NT. It is nearly 11hs Eastern time, and it's been like this for this first hour and a half of the day.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post chbruno
by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
6 responses