NT8-TDA orders submitted never get an updated status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Patrick,

Today, exactly the same thing is happening, and there is a pattern, which is this happens in the first part/hours of the day. At some point, yesterday at 13hs Eastern it gets fixed and all orders are updated as they should. In the meantime, all orders can not get past the "submitted" status.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Dear Patrick,

As said this TDA-API issue/bug happens in the first part of the day. No order gets past the submitted status.

Yesterday, it started working with no issues from 13hs Eastern time. Today it started working fine at 11hs Eastern time.

This is something very specific and I hope this information help you get to the root cause of the problem.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the information. I've informed the Development Team and they're implementing this into their testing.

In the meantime, can you attempt to reproduce (or run into) this symptom without any other app or website being connected to the same TD Ameritrade account? For example, make sure ToS is disconnected and that NinjaTrader is the only thing connected to your TD Ameritrade account.

Comment

Originally posted by bertochi View Post
          Dear Patrick,

Today, exactly the same thing is happening, and there is a pattern, which is this happens in the first part/hours of the day. At some point, yesterday at 13hs Eastern it gets fixed and all orders are updated as they should. In the meantime, all orders can not get past the "submitted" status.

Thank you for your help
          Today I am having the same experience as well. The first hours were a disaster, having to restart NT after every order. At about the same time reported by bertochi NT started to behave and updated my three SuperDOM with the executions reported by the API and with the right count of shares!. It definitely looks like the feedback from the API is not being taken by NT. It looks like a too-stringent timeout on NT is cutting out the response from the API.

Comment

Dear Patrick,
            Tried today what you asked on your last message, and left NT running with no other programs opened, and no changes to this behaviour. Submitted orders are getting stuck and not being updated. Only cure, as said, earlier, is to restart NT. It is nearly 11hs Eastern time, and it's been like this for this first hour and a half of the day.
            Thank you

Comment

bertochi , are you absolutely certain that you did not log into TD Ameritrade from any other device? Not even in the morning to check quotes?
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-23-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG Absolutely.
                Furthermore, as explained earlier, at some point on the day when this issue gets magically resolved, all orders start getting updated, regardless of any other simultaneous connection, i.e. Thinkorswim or web, connected to TDA.
                Thank you

Comment

Update. It is 11:57hs Eastern and at this time today orders start getting updated as they should. The time at which this issue is resolved every day is at random within the first 2/3 hours of the day.
                  I opened Thinkorswim now as a test, and it does not affect NT "orders" behaviour, which is working fine since moments ago.
                  If I had a direct contact at TDA, I would call them and ask specifically what is going on, why the API (or whatever) behaves in a different manner in the "morning" hours. Maybe it is not a big deal but it is impacting NT to a point where it is no usable as it is.

Thank you

Comment

Update. This morning NT 8 worked flawlessly until just past 1:PM EST when two out of three of my SuperDOMs did not update properly the sales ordered from them. The (CLOSE) sales were executed promptly. The SuperDOMs did not register them as executed as they should. I feel inclined to believe that this is NT 8 misbehaving, but that is well, just my feel. Patrick, I am curious whether you are reading my postings. Thanks for your hard work and best regards.

Comment

At 1:30 PM, NT 8 and my three SuperDOMs are behaving well again. This time I just had to Disconnect and Connect again (without closing the application) once. It is quite erratic though today it has a better behavior than last week.

Comment

Another update: I bought stocks on my three accounts on the aftermarket at about 2:10 PM using Thinkorswim while NT 8 was still running on the background and connected to the API and lord and behold the corresponding SuperDOM windows were promptly and automatically updated.
                        Sure @bertochi and thank you for initiating this whole discussion. May the Force be with you :-)

Comment

Hi All,

I want to report the same exact problem. Any order sent is not confirmed. The order is actually executed, but since the order isn't confirmed, NT can't submit the stop order.

This is a serious problem and renders NT/TDA useless. This was all working before the last TDA udpate that broke the connection.

Seems like it might have something to do with Market business...maybe on the TDA side?

As mentioned by others, there are times when everything works fine. Yesterday morning was broken, but afternoon was okay. Today was a complete loss.

bertochi, we have a lot in common. I've read several of your threads and share all of your complaints. Thanks for being vocal in the forum. I've been using NT for a while and just recently joined the forum.

Comment

I want to add that my NT install is in the Amazon AWS cloud with very good internet access. This is definitely a software integration or performance issue between NT and TDA.

I've noticed also that NT does not correctly report my open positions in the "Positions" window. For example, if I buy something in my ToS platform, it's not quickly and correctly updated in NT. My existing positions that show up when I start NT are also not updated in realtime and shows considerable lag. These are all new behaviors that I've noticed in the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by MarketMaker View Post
                              I want to add that my NT install is in the Amazon AWS cloud with very good internet access. This is definitely a software integration or performance issue between NT and TDA.

I've noticed also that NT does not correctly report my open positions in the "Positions" window. For example, if I buy something in my ToS platform, it's not quickly and correctly updated in NT. My existing positions that show up when I start NT are also not updated in realtime and shows considerable lag. These are all new behaviors that I've noticed in the last few days.
                              Dear @MarketMaker Thank you for sharing your comments.
                              I also experience a slow update of my positions when executing trades from my strategies. You look at the strategies tab after a trade is executed and the position shows as sync-false, even though the trade shows as filled. Sometimes it takes 3 to 5 minutes for the position to update and show in sync, and sometimes it simply does not update. Anyway, as I am restarting NT after seconds after a trade execution, I am taking care of yet this other issue/bug. I think it is very positive that all TDA users share our thoughts/comments in here to help the developers understand the seriousness of the problem . Good luck.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ryjoga