Collapse

NT8-TDA orders submitted never get an updated status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@loremont I share your pain and frustration, and while I appreciate @NinjaTrader_PatrickG response, as I said, I doubt this is an "isolated connectivity issue", but I am not the expert, only the user. I know there are a couple of other users with the same issue, and I do not believe/think there are many more users using NT-TDA.
    Anyway, I know I asked you @NinjaTrader_PatrickG in the past if I should contact TDA in regards to this issue and you said I should not since you are already interacting with them. Well, since there is no news on this critical issue, critical at least for me, and you seem to believe it is "an isolated connectivity issue", I have contacted the TDA API guys in written this evening and I will follow up as much as I can to see if TDA can improve something at their end.
    I am frustrated, but @NinjaTrader_PatrickG, I do not think there is an issue with NT, since it works fine in the afternoon. I might be wrong but this looks to me as a server issue at TDA in the first hour/s of the day, and I hoped you guys at NT customer support would have been able to find.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      loremont , my intention was not to imply NinjaTrader is not researching these symptoms. I was simply pointing out that NinjaTrader has as of yet been unable to reproduce these symptoms at the same time as a few TD Ameritrade users. There must be an unknown variable or some uniqueness on your end that is contributing to the symptom.

If you have any suggestions as to additional steps that haven't been suggested here that we should take to attempt to reproduce this symptom on our end, please provide those steps in as much detail as possible.
      Thank you @NinjaTrader_PatrickG and yes my concern is that the issue would be abandoned. I suggest that you try to have a session opened during regular trading hours with four SuperDOMs, each operating a different account (Ameritrade allows linking several accounts so that when you open an NT8 session they all show up in the control panel). Then manually do trades on each SuperDOM on quick succession on a sizable amount of shares (a few thousand on each account) every now and then (say every half an hour or every hour, first a Buy on each window, later a Sale). Try a regular connection, one a typical user would have, not a superfast one you may have in your offices. Perhaps one of you should home one day and use your home connection to test this. I do have a fairly fast connection at home and besides, I use to trade from anywhere when I am traveling, sometimes using poor connections. I never had a problem until the version that required to configure the Ameritrade connection with Credentials.

Comment

loremont , pretty much all of us are working at home during these times, however, if you believe the issue is connection quality/speed related, that would not be something NinjaTrader could directly assist with. As I've mentioned before, there is a new API in development that may render this entire thread irrelevant.

I'll pass this on to the Development Team for review on the current and new API.

Comment

loremont , pretty much all of us are working at home during these times, however, if you believe the issue is connection quality/speed related, that would not be something NinjaTrader could directly assist with. As I've mentioned before, there is a new API in development that may render this entire thread irrelevant.

I'll pass this on to the Development Team for review on the current and new API.
          I do NOT believe the issue is connection quality-speed related. Anyway, let's wait for the new API. Thanks, @NinjaTrader_PatrickG and I am glad you are working from home. The worse problem we all have is, of course, the horrible pandemic. Best wishes to all!

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG If you check now 9:28EST, you'll see that orders are stuck in submitted state. Initial orders are received and executed by TDA, but NT never gets confirmed and stops are not submitted because the original order was never confirmed. The Strategy becomes out of sync.

I did some testing and waited for several minutes. Eventually the orders get confirmed, but obviously this is not acceptable. At this point, I still believe this to be a TDA problem. However, we could certainly use the weight of NT to help us ask TDA to address this serious issue.

Please try your testing now.

Comment

It seems we've been going around and around about this issue for weeks. Could we do a group Zoom session? I think several of us feel very strongly about this issue and have provided some evidence. However, I don't believe we've convinced NinjaTrader_PatrickG that there is in fact a real issue. If Patrick isn't convinced, then this issue is not bubbling up to the level where anything can happen.

My NT is run from Amazon AWS cloud, therefore connectivity and speed is not an issue.

The day that Patrick did the test himself was coincidentally the only day in weeks where it was working before 10am EST.

Comment

By the way, it's 10:41 EST and TDA is now working. I've been doing test trades all morning to discover when to turn on my strategies.

Comment

markettrader , I believe that you're experiencing the symptoms you're reporting. The difficulty is that these symptoms cannot be reproduced by myself or the Development Team so there is no way to make progress towards a solution from our end.

At this point, the Development Team is stress testing the new TD Ameritrade API. I am not yet convinced that this isn't a networking or TD Ameritrade API/server issue that is intermittent and/or regional. The new API will hopefully prevent the symptoms you're reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by MarketMaker View Post
                    By the way, it's 10:41 EST and TDA is now working. I've been doing test trades all morning to discover when to turn on my strategies.
                    I had a lot of trouble (could not even send an order from NT8 on two different occasions,) earlier on today's session. Later it started to work well, something that has been typical. I gather from @NinjaTrader_PatrickG that the new API should resolve these horrible issues we are experiencing (and that has already cost me quite a bit of money). I wish them success for their and our own sake.

Comment

markettrader , I believe that you're experiencing the symptoms you're reporting. The difficulty is that these symptoms cannot be reproduced by myself or the Development Team so there is no way to make progress towards a solution from our end.

At this point, the Development Team is stress testing the new TD Ameritrade API. I am not yet convinced that this isn't a networking or TD Ameritrade API/server issue that is intermittent and/or regional. The new API will hopefully prevent the symptoms you're reporting.
                      The new API-NT8 versions (or at least NT8) should have an appropriate handshake and associated semaphore internal controls so that NT8 checks that the API got the right orders and that NT8 automatically looks once a minute the current state of the Ameritrade accounts and make the right updates in NT8.

Comment

Thanks @loremont and @MarketMaker for following up on this. I could not simply add anything to what already has been said
                        @NinjaTrader_PatrickG Thank you for checking this issue on your end on that particular day. I am puzzled as to why you did not experience the same issue that all of us suffer every day, but I am certain that if you try again, you will be able to replicate it. Any order sent within the first 30 minutes of trading is stuck at submitted or working status, and not showing up as filled until NT is restarted.
                        Thanks

Comment

Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing details on what they're experiencing and for your patience while we investigated further.

We were able to hit the symptom this morning of order modifications getting 'stuck' in a pending status. The Development Team is now researching further. The internal tracking number is 14419. We were also able to confirm that this symptom does not occur with the new TD Ameritrade API that is currently in development.

I'll follow up when there is any new information.

Comment

Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing details on what they're experiencing and for your patience while we investigated further.

We were able to hit the symptom this morning of order modifications getting 'stuck' in a pending status. The Development Team is now researching further. The internal tracking number is 14419. We were also able to confirm that this symptom does not occur with the new TD Ameritrade API that is currently in development.

Thank you Patrick. Glad to hear that.

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_PatrickG That's Awesome. Thanks for still working on this issue.

Comment

This week I experienced a better behavior of the interface and particularly on Wednesday the orders and feedback were not perfect but way more stable. I still had to disconnect and re-connect a few times, mostly because not all shares purchased were reported back to NT8, or some sales were not fed back. Yet most operations went smoothly, both ways. It looks to me that the Ameritrade side was somehow improved already(?).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                                11 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post xiinteractive  
                                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred