X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE.
    Hello,
    NinjaTrader_PatrickG, loremont, MarketMaker, @nickslad
    and to everyone actively following this thread post and keen to get this sorted,
    as I wrote earlier on this post, I had written to TDA API support, and they have finally replied. It is as we all suspected. I appreciate that Patrick could replicate the issue at his end and that he confirmed the issue does not happen with the new API under development. TDA API customer support confirmed this issue we all suffer every day is unrelated to the API. If any of you have not writen to TDA API customer support I strongly encourage you all to do so without any further delay to this email [email protected] so we can get our voices heard, the more the better and lets hope that this bug goes away soon.
    Dear Patrick, could I also ask you to update your team with these news, and maybe ask them to follow this up with TDA at your end as well?

Here below some paragraphs from my emails to TDA API support:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I would like to report a repetitive issue which happens every single day during the first hour of trading, between 9:30 and 10:30hs Eastern time, where the TD Ameritrade API fails to respond or update the status of the orders sent using the "Ninjatrader platform". This issue is completely resolved after around 11am Eastern time every day.
    Thank you
    ====
    Hello,
    This is related to an internal issue that is unrelated to the API. We have made significant changes in the last few months that has improved on this. We are also opening critical tickets each time we notice this happening. I apologise for the inconvenience.
    Kind regard,

Michael Ying
    Product Manager, Trader
    TD Ameritrade
    600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654
    T 866-839-1100
    ====
    Dear Michael,
    Every day the TDA API starts working properly at around 11AM. It is as if you switch the API to a good server at that time of the day.
    Before then, and during the first 90 minutes of trading, the API does not respond to the status of orders, forcing us users to restart Ninjatrader in order to get the correct statuses of those orders, and we have to do this every 3 minutes in my case. Then, the software itself takes some long couple of minutes to fully load, and then we need to restart it again once a new order is sent.
    I hope you do realise the urgency of this matter. And it is literally as I said, NO response during the first 90 minutes, then magically (that is why I said you switched servers or something similar) all working as it should from 11 AM for the rest of the day.
    Please kindly have this sorted as soon as you can. It is a tragedy as it is.
    Thank you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by bertochi; 04-30-2020, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I saw a new error from TD today in NT. Maybe they're working on the issue and at least now, they're responding with status errors, instead of just hanging...

"5/4/2020 9:18:43 AM,Order,There was a problem retrieving order statuses: We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.,"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MarketMaker; 05-04-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

MarketMaker , TD Ameritrade has told us that they're "working on it", however, I'd like more information about this message from your files.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2463730 ATTN Patrick

Comment

NinjaTrader_PatrickG Sent you the email with logs/trace. Thanks for your continued help on this!

Comment

Still not tradable at 11:22 EST =(

Comment

I'd recommend restarting your PC in case that 'refreshes' the communication with TD Ameritrade.

Comment

11:37am and it's just started working. Totally impossible to continue like this. I am furious at TDA. I understand this is not NT's fault. I will follow up with further messages to TDA, and other areas other than API to let them know what they are doing to their customers. No need to restart Patrick. There is a pattern. TDA knows what their problem is and they won't tell us, but a good guess is a server issue. HOW is it possible that it does not work at all until just now, and suddenly it starts working magically from now till the end of the session?
                ===============================
                New follow up message to TDA/API:
                -------------------------------------------------
                Dear Michael,
                Today there was no response from the API until 11:38hs and this is totally killing/destroying your customers. This has been happening for months now. ARE YOU working on to fix this CRITICAL issue? or shall we start looking for another place to trade?
                Please advise
                Thank you
                ================================
                As I suggested before, please do send a message to TDA API, that will be a way to show the urgency of this issue.

Thank you
                Last edited by bertochi; 05-04-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

TDA is now working at 11:43 EST.

Comment

I agree with bertochi, no restart necesary. Every morning, I just keep trying a tiny order in a test strategy until I see an order update. That's when I know it's clear to turn on my strategies. It's pretty ridiculous that I have to do this just to start trading. Very frustrating. Tempted to bail on TDA, but free commissions are attractive. Hopefully they'll get it together soon.

Comment

I know @MarketMaker. This is ab-so-lu-te-ly ridiculous. If you explain this to someone else, they would not believe this could be happening in 2020. I will see if I can talk to someone from customer service to make them aware. I do not know what else could be done. Otherwise we are left in a limbo, do not know what is going on, do know know for how long will it be like this, do not know if someone is working to fix it. The email response that I received from TDA did not show any sense of urgency. Anyway, have a good day.

Comment

05/05/2020 11:04hs, the time at which the TDA API starts responding and working as it should for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bertochi View Post
                          05/05/2020 11:04hs, the time at which the TDA API starts responding and working as it should for the day.
                          Agreed on timing, unfortunately we miss a ton of morning volatility and opportunity.

What's weird is that the logging from TDA is inconsistent. Yesterday, I got a status message only ONCE (see previous post). Today, it just hung with no messages.

Comment

Agree MarketMaker
                            I have sent several messages now to TdaApi support, and also to gral customer service to make them aware there is a critical issue which has been going on for months now. Once again, when you think about it, I might be wrong of course but this looks to be a server issue of some kind.
                            Patrick, if your team can reach out to your contacts at Tda, to describe this clear issue,.and in case it has not done yet, that would be appreciated.
                            Good day.

Comment

bertochi , the Development Team has been in contact with TD Ameritrade throughout the existence of this thread and especially so once we were able to reproduce the symptom. I have no update for you on their progress at this time.

Comment

Hello, just to let everyone know that I did make several complaints to TDA customer service as well as messaging several times TDA-API support. .
                                Call this a coincidence but there is a better behaviour this morning. It started working properly sooner than previous days, within the first 30 minutes. Lets see what happens in the days ahead and hope that we can put this issue behind us.
                                Good day to everyone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes