NT8-TDA orders submitted never get an updated status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bertochi View Post
    Hello, just to let everyone know that I did make several complaints to TDA customer service as well as messaging several times TDA-API support. .
    Call this a coincidence but there is a better behaviour this morning. It started working properly sooner than previous days, within the first 30 minutes. Lets see what happens in the days ahead and hope that we can put this issue behind us.
    Good day to everyone.
    Thanks bertochi ! Yes, I noticed the same thing. This is the earliest I've been able to enable strategies in over a week. I really appreciate you communicating with TDA and with this forum.

Comment

Anyone having luck today? I'm not getting any order confirmations back. Was working pretty good this week until today.

Comment

Orders got unstuck and started working at 11:48AM EST for me today.

Comment

Originally posted by MarketMaker View Post
          Anyone having luck today? I'm not getting any order confirmations back. Was working pretty good this week until today.
          Worst day ever, so far, 11:50AM and still not working. Restarted NT a zillion times already. I don't know what to say. Is TDA pulling the plug on their API?

Comment

Orders got unstuck and started working at 11:48AM EST for me today.
            12:25am and still not working. This is beyond anything.

Comment

Yeah, I was wrong. It worked for a moment and now it's broken again. I noticed the same thing on the TDA phone app. I took a few trades this morning on the app and confirmations are slow there too. For example, my account isn't immediately updated with new shares. I have to log out and log back in to see a refresh. All orders are definitely executed immediately, it's just extremely slow on letting whatever app you're using know. This is a big TDA problem that spans outside of just our API access. I bet some of their internal apps use the same API. The TDA Mobile APP works less reliably than the ToS App. I think the Mobile APP might use the same API as NT. Maybe ToS and ToS Mobile uses a different connector, since they seem to not be affected.

Comment

For phone, you should use only the TOS app, I recall receiving a message from TDA saying that. This is outrageous. TOS never has a glitch, ever. If they ever implement automated trading using their thinkscript that will be heaven. At the moment, we are left in the extreme opposite.

Comment

For phone, you should use only the TOS app, I recall receiving a message from TDA saying that. This is outrageous. TOS never has a glitch, ever. If they ever implement automated trading using their thinkscript that will be heaven. At the moment, we are left in the extreme opposite.
                  Thanks bertochi . Yeah, I mostly use ToS. I did receive the same note saying they're moving everyone to ToS mobile.

Funny, I actually started using thinkscript first, thinking it could trade also. When I realized it couldn't trade, I found NT.

Honestly, I think TDA will get this fixed. Months ago, I talked to someone higher up at TDA. They told me they were starting to focus on trade automation. They liked the idea that I was going to do more trade volume. They have to make it work, since they're depending on higher volume to make up for free commission. I sincerely believe this is just growing pains.

The fact that when it works, it works well is comforting. NT/TDA works extremely well once the morning glitches subside. As we've surmised, this is likely an infrastructure scaling issue and NOT a code or integration problem. This makes be believe that this will eventually get resolved. I'd be more concerned if we had intermittent issues throughout the day that caused inconsistencies.

My guess is that they're implementing a QoS (quality of service) mechanism that detects higher volume or volatility and prefers their own apps before external API calls.

BTW, I took my first automated trade at 1:07PM today.

Comment

Thanks bertochi . Yeah, I mostly use ToS. I did receive the same note saying they're moving everyone to ToS mobile.

Funny, I actually started using thinkscript first, thinking it could trade also. When I realized it couldn't trade, I found NT.

Honestly, I think TDA will get this fixed. Months ago, I talked to someone higher up at TDA. They told me they were starting to focus on trade automation. They liked the idea that I was going to do more trade volume. They have to make it work, since they're depending on higher volume to make up for free commission. I sincerely believe this is just growing pains.

The fact that when it works, it works well is comforting. NT/TDA works extremely well once the morning glitches subside. As we've surmised, this is likely an infrastructure scaling issue and NOT a code or integration problem. This makes be believe that this will eventually get resolved. I'd be more concerned if we had intermittent issues throughout the day that caused inconsistencies.

My guess is that they're implementing a QoS (quality of service) mechanism that detects higher volume or volatility and prefers their own apps before external API calls.

BTW, I took my first automated trade at 1:07PM today.
                    I agree with you. In the meantime, I can not put into words how painful this is. I got it working at the same time as yourself and I find that very upsetting. Markets open at 9:30hs, not 13hs. This has been happening for months now, and although I would like to believe the same as you, I am not sure, we are not sure, if this will ever get resolved.

Good day.

Comment

I reached out to a contact at TDA and asked about the situation. This appears to be a site-wide issue. While this is obviously not good, it does mean that they're going to have to get it resolved eventually. How long it takes is anyone's guess at this point.

Here's his response:

"It’s not specific to the API. There has been delays between system to system messaging that provides those fill notifications to clients. It is not every day at 10am est to 12pm est, but it does happen from time to time around the open. Significant work has been done by the technology teams to improve this. It is something that is heavily monitored as well by the technology teams. It is not a “flip a switch to make it better” type of a resolution as of right now."

Comment

I reached out to a contact at TDA and asked about the situation. This appears to be a site-wide issue. While this is obviously not good, it does mean that they're going to have to get it resolved eventually. How long it takes is anyone's guess at this point.

Here's his response:

"It’s not specific to the API. There has been delays between system to system messaging that provides those fill notifications to clients. It is not every day at 10am est to 12pm est, but it does happen from time to time around the open. Significant work has been done by the technology teams to improve this. It is something that is heavily monitored as well by the technology teams. It is not a “flip a switch to make it better” type of a resolution as of right now."
                        Thank you for reaching out and letting us know.
                        Have a good day.

Comment

Hello,

Great that I found this forum discussion. I just started using NT8 to enter my stock trades to TD Ameritrade. There is a 20 minute delay in the trade appearing on my chart or control center. I have the TOS app pulled up and the trade is noted immediately on their side. Same issue when exiting a trade. I emailed customer support and they quickly gave me some suggestions which I did including connecting directly to the router. However, the issue remains.

Please fix,

Comment

sdp1969 , if you read the prior messages in this thread, you'll see that TD Ameritrade has admitted the issue is on their end. Unfortunately NinjaTrader has no direct control over when/if this will be resolved, but the Development Team has been in active contact with TD Ameritrade in an effort to assist as much as possible.

Comment

Hello all,

Here is a new message from the TDA-API which I haven't seen before and I have not changed anything from my setup:

===============
                              2020-05-22 10:04:27:525|0|2|My TD AMERITRADE: Unable to login in:
                              {
                              "error":"Individual App's transactions per seconds restriction reached. Please contact us with further questions"
                              }
                              (Logon failed)
                              ===============
                              Upon a second attempt, I could login.

Comment

Hello all,

Here is a new message from the TDA-API which I haven't seen before and I have not changed anything from my setup:

===============
                                2020-05-22 10:04:27:525|0|2|My TD AMERITRADE: Unable to login in:
                                {
                                "error":"Individual App's transactions per seconds restriction reached. Please contact us with further questions"
                                }
                                (Logon failed)
                                ===============
                                Upon a second attempt, I could login.
                                I haven't seen that error, but today I started seeing: "Could not get snapshot data for symbol: <Instrument>"

Also, today and yesterday are not trade-able. It's 12:16pm EST and I still can't get trade confirmations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post cre8able  
                                Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sam2515