NT8-TDA orders submitted never get an updated status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello @MarketMaker,

Same here, and a little bit of news as well. It appears TDA can not cope with the volume they invited when they lowered their fees, so rather than making sure they have proper systems in place or even upgrading them if their technology can not handle the volume, they are going to tell customers they have a daily limit of trades per day or else, start charging. This appears to be their approach. I have already opened an account with IB and will start testing the waters soon with them.
    Good day.
    Last edited by bertochi; 05-27-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bertochi View Post
      Hello @MarketMaker,

Same here, and a little bit of news as well. It appears TDA can not cope with the volume they invited when they lowered their fees, so rather than making sure they have proper systems in place or even upgrading them if their technology can not handle the volume, they are going to tell customers they have a daily limit of trades per day or else, start charging. This appears to be their approach. I have already opened an account with IB and will start testing the waters soon with them.
      Good day.
      Hey bertochi , Did you get an IB Pro account? The Lite version doesn't allow API connections. So you have to pay commissions on IB. I'm tempted, but I'm not willing to pay .0075 commission per share.

Comment

Yes @MarketMaker, Ibkr pro. You can trade futures with IB while you can't with TDA, via the API. That is the way to go for me at least. For stocks, it depends on your needs. With TDA, it is like they are opened for business 2 hours after the market opened. I know this can not go on for ever but what if it does? Is it worth the amount of daily stress? Once again, it depends on everyone's needs. When and if TDA works as it should, you can always choose TDA. At the moment, it requires a lot of attention and babysitting, and you could still use them, knowing how it works and what to expect, which is what we all have been doing so far this year.
        Good day!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback bertochi! Yes, I agree on all points. I will likely give it a while longer on TDA, but my patience is definitely wearing thin. I'll continue to update this forum so you'll know if it's getting better.

Comment

Just wanted to update everyone. TDA was not tradable for 100% of yesterday and today. In fact, part of yesterday worked, but for the first time, it failed to update orders even after it started working for an hour or so. It's become very unreliable.

I've also opened an IB account and started trading it today. IB definitely works better, but commissions do add up. I will have to adjust my strategies to account for this added cost, but at least I have a functional system!

Good luck all.

Comment

Greetings MarketMaker Same behaviour here. Nothing to add. TDA does not appear to mind at all.
              Good luck!

Comment

Connections were established to Tdameritrade. The connection is totally useless.

When you place the order, the order do not go to TD on time. takes a long time.
                When you have a position and try to close it, the order stays in the Ninja platform and never goes to the TD platform
                You need to log in to think or swim and close the position. then what is the use of this platform. The technical support said , they don't support the orders once it is placed, pointing to the TD responsible. Also not willing to work on it.. just doing a blame game on TD.

There is no return policy at any cost. So beware guys who ever is trying to buy/use the TDameritrade broker through Ninja trader, it is not ready yet for prime time. !!!

I am going to start updating this forum until TDameritrade and Ninja fix the problem. I paid for Ninja!!

June :10 2020 the platform did not work. Issue not resolved.
                June 11 2020 - The platform did not work. Issue not resolved.
                June 12 2020 - The Platform did not work, Issue not resolved.
                June 15 2020 - The Platform did not work, Issue not resolved - looks they don't care for the customers. don't buy the TDameritrade broker license.
                June 16 2020 - The Platform did not work, Issue not resolved
                Last edited by Trade4Life; 06-16-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Trade4Life , thanks for the feedback.

I've merged your topic into an existing topic on this exact or very similar symptom. As you can see from the previous posts here, unfortunately, this symptom appears to be universal to all TD Ameritrade platforms and third-party platforms connection to TD Ameritrade in most cases. This is not specifically a NinjaTrader issue. We've been working with TD Ameritrade in order to mitigate this symptom, however, it seems that this can only truly be resolved with some additional tweaks by TD Ameritrade.

With that said, I see that you've also written in via email and I'd like to investigate your specific case further. I'll be following up shortly.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 06-10-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Any update on the TDA lagged fills, account positions, and account balances issue?

If not, is there some email NinjaTrader could BCC all their TDA platform customers when the problem has been resolved?

Communication isn’t a strong point of the TDA API team. I’m three weeks into waiting for a response from them.

Also wondering if TDA is just intentionally trying to shed their API users given that any technical back-out should’ve been possible within hours, way back in April when they originally “broke” it.

It seems absurd that it’s been broken this long, if this isn’t intentional. Maybe purposely turning off their service would’ve opened them to legal problems, vs. just making it unusable enough to drive people away.

Lower commissions are meaningless if you can’t actually trade with them. TDA is certainly making it easy to go back to IB.

Comment

We have no update from TD Ameritrade on whether or not this symptom has been mitigated or resolved. I'll update this thread with any relevant information when it becomes available.

Comment

+1 I have NT8, use Kinetick as the data provider. Trade @ TD Ameritrade. Market orders execute fast, but to show the position on NT8 takes forever. Also if you change Limit/Stop orders on TD it takes forever to show in NT8. If you modify Limit/Stop orders on NT8 it takes forever to confirm, although sometimes they change quickly on TD. My impression is that the confirmations take forever to show in NT8.

Comment

I'm also having the same issue having the "Submit" status not being updated. I have started running my strategies live with OCO orders. Some days, it would run fine submitting and entering trades with both my target and stop loss OCO working perfectly fine. In some days, orders are stuck at "Submitted" with no updates and OCO orders but when I check TDAmeritrade, it has entered the position. I have to manually manage my position since my original OCOs did not get submitted due to TD-NT8 connection issue. I agree this is an intermittent issue that is on-going and at first, I thought it was my strategy code but it is definitely a backend connection going on.

Comment

I will add my voice to the issues presented here. TD Ameritrade sure does seem to be dragging their feet on this. I'm a lifetime license holder of NT8 and have been trading futures for several years. Decided to expand into stocks for various reasons and it's been a total nightmare experiencing all of the issues covered in this thread. As of today there have been no fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4x777 View Post
                              I will add my voice to the issues presented here. TD Ameritrade sure does seem to be dragging their feet on this. I'm a lifetime license holder of NT8 and have been trading futures for several years. Decided to expand into stocks for various reasons and it's been a total nightmare experiencing all of the issues covered in this thread. As of today there have been no fixes.
                              It is a shame but both Ameritrade and NinjaTrader either do not care enough or are unable to understand and resolve the issue. BAD BAD BAD!

Comment

I just spoke with an IB representative and asked about any issues with the TWS and NT8. He reflected that they have a number of NT clients that trade stocks with them without issue. He did mention that trading through the TWS does come at a cost of 0.0005 cents per share or 5 dollars per one thousand shares. To any of you who have migrated over to IB...has there been any issues with the interface? Any downsides I should consider beyond the commissions before I switch? I agree that if the interface with TOS is ridiculously bad, then NT needs to pull them from their list of partners....or even better, add equities to their tradable instruments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post GLFX005
                                by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                                2 responses