Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric bars glitch

Hello

As you can see in the attachment, the volumetric bars are showing wrongly imbalance when the ratio is bigger that the arithmetical difference between the diagonal bid and ask, but the opposite side is 0.
    Attached Files

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    I'd like to be able to find the exact bar in your screenshot so we can compare appropriately. What time zone is NinjaTrader/your PC set to? What day of data is your chart showing?

Comment

NT8 version: 8.0.20.1 64bit
      Connected to Ninja Trader Continuum (Live)
      My time zone is UK (and so it's my NT8) and the bar in the screenshot is today, 20/03/2020, 09:57am, 1 minute chart

Comment

The imbalance is being displayed correctly based on your settings. Imbalance divides one side into the other. Imbalance tries to detect by how much the other side is stronger / weaker. If there is no volume at all, like in the zero in your screenshots, the outcome would be that the side with volume wins no matter the ratio. Since one side of the comparison is zero, there will always be an imbalance if your 'Minimum delta for imbalance' is set to zero. If you want to eliminate this you could increase this property.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AveryFlynn  
        Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn