ATM Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Lock

So this seems to be the final straw for me with ninja trader, How can I not lock an ATM to a tab/screen? At this moment I have 3 trades open when I opened the third trade switched back from monitoring my other trades entered with what I thought was the correct ATM it switched back to "none" ... yes I know I can enter the profit level and the s/l by hand but that defeats the entire purpose of an ATM. This issue has cost me a lot of money, I don't see how this is even an issue. Would love a fix as all my indicators are only for NT8 but this is ridiculous.

This wouldn't be an issue if you are a longer term swing trader but if your trading intra day any then it all matters, especially with this type of volatility trades can last seconds and if the ATM isnt working then you can be screwed.

I really hope there is a fix/something I can do different

Thanks

-P

It's important to remember that each char tab's Chart Trader is an independent window and changes on one tab would not necessarily reflect in another chart tab.

What is your 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' on each chart tab? To check, right-click on your Chart Trader > Poperties. Check for all tabs.

Are you able to recreate the symptom of the ATM Control List changing unexpectedly while trading in simulation? If so, please provide detailed steps.

Comment

it was on "select active ATM strategy on order submission" I'm assuming it should be on "keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission" .
      I can try to recreate on SIM

-P

Comment

#minip
        "it switched back to "none""
        This is a bug that has been reported by many including my good self for many years and still occurs to this day. Two days ago for me being the latest to be precise. First time probably two years ago. So it is definitely 'real' and core platform. I have multiple Instruments and charts and separate DOMs for each instrument (rather than Chart Trader) so each Instrument has its own ATM template 'permanently' set. And then 'out of the blue' with no changes made to anything I'll find I've placed an order with ATM 'None'.
        The most recent additional info I've gleaned is that my log file shows some OnBarUpdate errors immediately preceding the "Order placed ATM Strategy 'None'" entry. I've reported the OnBarUpdate errors to Support but there is no willingness by Support to identify their cause, returning the onus and payload to me to debug their software errors.
        Could be coincidental or not causal, but I'm usually suspicious of coincidences. Maybe take a look at your log file around the time of occurrence for anything that may be informative....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses