Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Crashes &/or Freezes with Dual Monitors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Crashes &/or Freezes with Dual Monitors!

Hi there,

NT8 freezes and also crashes without notice when I'm running any workspace with charts across More than 1 monitor. I've tested several workspaces and the ones that crashes and/or freezes consistently is when there's a chart on the 2nd screen.

When I run 6 charts + 6 DOMs on 1 screen, it's fine and stable. The point is, the indicators are fine in this setup.

The moment I put another chart on a 2nd screen, that's when problems start. It usually takes a few minutes. sometimes, it just hangs, and sometimes NT8 just shuts down immediately on its own.

I'm running NT8 on a the highest end Dell XPS 15 9650 laptop with 32GB of ram on a Core-I7 with GB GPU.

My guess this is relating to GPU issues.

I've uploaded the log files from today. But couldn't upload the tracefiles as they are above the size limitations
    Attached Files

I've sent email to Platform Support with the log files, tracefiles and workspace files. Hope someone can help.

Comment

Hello kevinhpchan,
      Thanks for your post.

I have received your files and will be reviewing them shortly.
      Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So, after reviewing your files I see that you are running out of CPU memory. This is surprising as you have 32GB on your machine. I have a few questions for you. Please open Windows Task Manager using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC in order to answer the questions below.
        1. What is your RAM usage at before the chart move?
        2. What does it do after you move the chart over?
        3. Is the chart a full screen chart?
        4. Are you only running NinjaTrader on your machine when this occurs?

Comment

Josh, I've attached 3 screenshots of the Task Manager and Resource monitor. 1) with No apps running 2) with NT8 + blank workspace 3) with NT8 and workspace with 2 monitors,

Is the chart a full screen chart?
          no. 3 charts with each occupying 1/3 of the screen. I've experienced with 1 chart on the 2nd screen occupying partial too.
          Are you only running NinjaTrader on your machine when this occurs? Yes
          Attached Files

Comment

I see the high usage in your screenshots, but this is expected with 4K monitors. What we do not expect is for this to use up all 32GB of your RAM. What indicators are running in your workspace when the crashing occurs?

If you increase your paging file size to 1.5X your currently installed RAM does this crashing continue to occur? See steps below to increase the size of your paging file.
            1. Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
            2. In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
            3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
            4. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.
            5. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
            6. Under Drive[Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
            7. Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK. (Remember this value should be 1.5X the amount of RAM installed on your PC)

Comment

Right now, Virtual Memory is set to: System Manage Size. That's the most optimized mode. Are you suggesting setting it to 80MB will help?

Comment

I'm using Indicators from The Intentional Trader / 2nd Brain Trading. Tony Peterson.

Comment

NT8 Freezes or Crashes! What do I do!!!???

Guys, I really hope you can help me out. It just seem impossible that NT8 doesn't at some point freeze up. This is my laptop, but with the 32GB RAM and running a 1TB NVME drive. I'd like to think that's pretty darn high performance.

Can you please help me ensure NT8 doesn't crash OR freeze up?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinhpchan View Post
                    Right now, Virtual Memory is set to: System Manage Size. That's the most optimized mode. Are you suggesting setting it to 80MB will help?
                    I am interested in if changing the settings for the paging file will help. In the Virtual Memory window I want you to uncheck the box next to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" and then set the Page File memory (minimum and maximum) to 1.5 times the size of available RAM.

Comment

1. Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
                      2. In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
                      3. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
                      4. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.
                      5. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
                      6. Under Drive[Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.
                      7. Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK. (Remember this value should be 1.5X the amount of RAM installed on your PC)

Can't seem to get these instructions to work

Comment

Hello rwilliam,

Thank you for your reply.

What part of the above instructions are not working for you, are you not able to change a value?

Thank you i'll await your reply.
                        Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                        0 responses