Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysterious order rejection

Hello,

Help! On Friday Mar, 20th 2020 I had a script order that was supposed to trigger a short position in the MES at 2386 with a buy to cover order set at 2207.25. The short triggered, but immediately closed out and gave the following message:

-----------------

Order price is outside the limits 'Bid of 220725.00 violates Low Limit of 223150.00' ExchangeRejectCode = 2137 affected Order: Buy 3 Limit @ 2207.25

-----------------

The short was triggered, (then immediately closed out).... however, it looks like the message stated I wasn't allowed to set any buy to cover orders below 2231.50. Why would that be? Is there something I'd need to change or adjust on my Ninjatrader 8 platform? I haven't been able to find the answer yet.

I also sent this question to the broker. But, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Much

Hello bootize,

This appears to be a brokerage native order. Your broker should be able to answer this question.

From the message, it looks like there may be a limit to how low the order can be placed.

Are you able to manually place an order at that price?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea, Thanks for the reply.

I did try to enter the order manually. It did accept the cover order, but when I tried moving it around, it wouldn't let me. I had to cancel everything and call it a day. I trade through Phillips and they instructed me to contact broker support through the Ninjatrader brokerage. I submitted a ticket today through Ninjatrader brokerage support with the above question.

I'm just hoping to find a fix so it doesn't happen again. Can't figure out why it wouldn't accept any bid below a certain level. Missed out on a nice profit.

Comment

Just a quick postmortem follow-up...

Thanks to the quick and accurate response from the Ninjatrader Brokerage support, I found I was trying to place a bid outside the CME's banding range for that particular session. With volatility levels historically high, my dynamically based order placement calculations exceeded said banding range. I've since made the necessary adjustments.

Thanks again to all for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PhillT
        by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
        5 responses