Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Open position overnight not showing on NinjaTrader before shutting down? Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open position overnight not showing on NinjaTrader before shutting down? Possible?

Hi all,

Going through my statements from my broker this week, I was shocked to find that I some time this week was short overnight without my knowledge. Luckily, it was a profitable trade, so I won't pursue the matter further, but I have contacted both Ninja and my broker to inquire further what really happened.

But it got me worried as to how this could have happened and if it's something that could happen later too. If it was a larger sized trade and went the other way, I could easily have lost a huge amount of my account in this environment. Stopped out when my margin requirement was met.

I'm a day trader only. So, I always make sure that I'm flat before shutting down. I always enter the Close button on my chart trader and make sure there are no resting orders. And should I not have done so, Ninja tends to ask if I really want to shut down considering I have open positions. So, it's really foolproof. Still, this have happened...

I also checked my trade performance on Ninja and I simply can't find this trade. What I can find though is that I did exit a long trade at that price with the same number of contracts in/out. So, according to Ninja, I should have been flat. I can only explain this in that I for some reason have exited this long trade with 1 extra contract making me net short overnight.

And that this have not been registered on Ninja for some reason?

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Of course, there's a chance that there's a human error on my part and that I've simply missed it. But I find that doubtful. And if so, I should be able to find the trade in my Trade Performance log. I do not. At the price I was short, there is only the exit on this long trade.

PS: I only trade through Ninja, so it's not possible I could have done this on some other interface.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Hello Johnny,

Check the Positions tab of the Control Center to ensure you are flat.

If would like our platform support to investigate the position, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello Johnny,

Check the Positions tab of the Control Center to ensure you are flat.

If would like our platform support to investigate the position, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
      Hi, Chelsea,

Thanks. I am aware of that feature.

So, I guess what I'm asking then is:

Is it possible that I could have had an open position without it showing up in the Positions tab?

Because that's what seems to have happened here.

I'm awaiting an answer through email from Ninja and my brokerage.

Best,

Johnny

Comment

Hello Johnny,

Not for a position opened from an order submitted by NinjaTrader.

The position would show on the Positions tab of the Control Center.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ageeholdings  
        Started by reynoldsn, Today, 02:34 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes