Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regressionchannel tool dissapears

Hello,

I've an issue with the regression channel tool.

If you plot a channel that is wider than the displayed area, it disappears from the screen. This is a pain if you've draw.regressionchannel over a longer time period, then resize your chart, as the channel disappears.

I've resorted to trying to draw.line for the top and bottom of the channel myself, as lines seem more persistent when resizing the charts, but can this be fixed?

Hello pjsmith,

Thanks for the note.

I am testing the regression channel tool on my end and I am failing to see the issue. Could you please provide some screenshots or code snippets?

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Sure, here you go. Bear in mind, I'm drawing them with draw.regressionchannel, not the drawing tool Not sure if it makes a difference.

here are 2 screenshots. First, normal, second, when I resize the chart a little, time frame wise. You'll note, the channel is gone. The channel will only be drawn if all bars are present on the screen. Resize the chart again and the channel will re-appear. This is annoying, as if you want to scroll into the detail, the lines are obviously gone, so nothing to look at... I know why it's happening, but it seems a silly way to draw the channel and I'm wondering if they can fix it for future releases so this does not happen? There are actually 2 channels on this chart. You'll notice the larger one disappears.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to draw a regression channel through NinjaScript and my script does not do this. It could be the custom code that is causing the drawing tool to fail. Do you have any errors in the log tab of your Control Center?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi, no errors, and this issue has been there for a very long time. The channel used to actually jump all over the place, but they fixed that a release or so ago. This is the code I am using

lrc1 = Draw.RegressionChannel(this, "lrc1", false, i, 0,LineColour, DashStyleHelper.Solid, 1, Brushes.Transparent, DashStyleHelper.Solid, 1,LineColour, DashStyleHelper.Solid, 1);

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you make a simplified example that makes the channel disappear? I would be happy to test that one out. Also, try turning on auto-scale for the drawing object if the smaller objects are being dwarfed by larger draw objects.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Hi,

Autoscale does not appear to change things. The indicator is very simple. I'll comment out a few irrelevant parts to simplify it further, and email to you now.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes