SuperDOM Volume column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM Volume column

When setting up a SuperDOM and adding the volume column, I click on the i for info on the volume data and it says "...will use historical tick data..." Can someone explain to me what historical tick data is displayed? For example is it for a standard bar size ie. 15 min bars, or perhaps some tick size? Is this an adjustable parameter? Here is a screenshot for your reference. https://www.screencast.com/t/Hh6a7zCRAlk

Thanks,

Dolfan

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Tick data would be aggregated on a tick by tick basis in the platform and is different from minute data which will be packaged every minute as the data comes in and is stored.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not sure that I made my question clear. "Historical tick data" What exactly are the parameters of the history that is captured. Is it ticks in the last (historical) minute, hour, day or what? History denotes time, usually. For example, when I wrote the original question the values you see are in the 300-500 range approximately. At the time of this reply they are in the 2000-4000 range. Historically speaking, 3 1/2 hours have passed and the numbers are different. Why? What did it measure? Seconds perhaps?

Dolfan

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

It is not measuring seconds but the ticks that come in. These are not time-dependent and each tick will be saved and added to the historical data as it is received on an individual basis in the platform. This could be many ticks in a millisecond in a volatile market, or once every few seconds. It's dependent on the price action, and not on time itself.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PhillT
        by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
        5 responses