Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive brokers connection

Hi,
    I configured the connection to IBKR account with API tool and I have the following issues: API client is green and indicates "1 connected", log tape shows no error masseges (as per my observation). However, the connection ball is yellow and I do not see my account. I did everything as per the instruction. One of my assumptions is because the IB account is new and not funded so far (hence not activated) the connection is incomplete. However, TWS itsef transmits the market data and reflects my account. Can you say anything in this regards?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IB_LOG.jpg
Views:	1454
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1091628

Name:	Connection_status.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1091629

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2471584 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further. Please also clarify what version of IB Gateway you are using with this connection.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that information.

In your files I'me seeing this error sent from Ib directly:
      Unable to connect to IB Gateway instance. Please check that TWS is running and that it is configured properly to accept API clients.'

I suspect the connection is not correctly configured at some point, or that a firewall or antivirus software may be blocking the connection.The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

If everything looks correctly configured, the first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
      • ISP issues
      • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
      • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
      • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It appears that connection was established, its green, I see my IB account, however there is no market data feed.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Connection_status.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	1091981Click image for larger version  Name:	IB_account.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.8 KB ID:	1091982
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Market_data.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	1091983

IB API tool indicates the correct status of connection and market data feed is on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	API_status.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.0 KB ID:	1091984

In parallel, I launched TWS (IB default platform) and I observe marked data properly supplied.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TWS_data.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.8 KB ID:	1091985

Pls advise what may be the problem, as the IB support says "not on our side..."

Comment

In addition here is the screenshot from my NT8 log window - no market data...

Name:	IB_data.jpg
Views:	1175
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	1091993

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

That message is saying that the platform is unable to load market data due to a competing live session.

We have seen this item in cases where you are logged into your live account in one location and your paper account in another. It can also be due to a server outage.

To rule out the first one, please disconnect from all of your Interactive Brokers connections on any device you have. Next, connect only on the IB Gateway and then connect via NinjaTrader.

Do you receive live data?

I look forward to your reply.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for involvement! The issue is solved, I should have connected via TWS, not Gateway. I appreciate your support.

Name:	Connection_tws.jpg
Views:	1260
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1092005

Comment

Hi,

On my Interactive Brokers account I have cash positions other than USD. Those are reflected on "sub-account" register in additional row of the terminal "portfolio" tab.

Name:	TWS_account.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1093507

In my NT8 platform I see only total USD cash position, averaged under certain exchange rate...
                Can NT8 terminal split the FX cash positions by separate rows, so that I understand what positions in every currency do I have at the moment?
                Also, Is there an option to see total "portfolio P&L" (sum of all stocks holdings P&L) as currently it is not shown?

Name:	NT_account.jpg
Views:	1153
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1093508

Thnx

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately neither of these items would be supported. The third party adaptor for Interactive Brokers does not provide a 'Portfolio P&L' value to the NinjaTrader Platform.

It is also not possible t split the PnL based on positions. That being said, you can always view your individual position PnL in the 'Positions' tab of the Control Center.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
                  Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, Is it possible to plug-in news feed from IBKR? There is a list of active content providers...

Name:	news.jpg
Views:	1170
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1094534

Comment

NinjaTrader and Trader Workstation/Gateway are completely separate applications. Tools that exist in TWS/Gateway are not available in NinjaTrader unless they've been specifically made for NinjaTrader.

Interactive Brokers does not provide NinjaTrader with a real-time news feed. You can learn more about what is and isn't included from each data provider in the link below:

Comment

Hi. I have a subscription to the full depth of the market from Interactive Brokers for one of the instruments (VIX). TWS shows me all the necessary information, however, this data is not exported to the Ninja Trader. Also, I can’t place an order on the SIM account.
                        At the same time, the data on the stocks for which I have a subscription feeds normally. And I can open positions on them through the SIM account. Do you have an idea what could be the problem?

Name:	VIX_TWS.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1103564

Name:	VIX_data.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	1103566
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Aporshnev,

Thanks for posting.

Please send your log and trace files to our Platofrm Support team.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2471584 ATTN Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.
                          Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello. The problem appeared again. All settings are selected for feeding stock market data from Interactive Brokers, but the Ninja does not show the depth of the market. Please, help.

Name:	Market_data_IB.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	1105728

Name:	Market_data_NT.jpg
Views:	1021
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1105729

Name:	Market_data_NT_DOM.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1105730

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

The Interactive Brokers data feed does not provide NinjaTrader with full market depth. You would need to use a different data feed for this purpose. Also, the SuperDOM displays market depth for futures only. I've included some links below with more information:

​​​​​​​Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                              Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes