Options on futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options on futures

My options chain window is empty when I try to load up any futures options chains. Does the CME All Markets Bundle with Continuum include data for options on futures?

For options data to appear in the Options Chain window, your account must be enabled for 'NinjaWAPI' and then 'WebAPI (beta)' must be enabled in the connection within NinjaTrader. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like your account is not enabled for WebAPI or, if it is enabled, 'WebAPI (beta)' is not enabled in the connection.

If you have not yet had a conversation with your broker about enabling options data, please contact your broker to request or confirm if your account is enabled for options data.

If you're a NinjaTrader Brokerage client, you can contact my colleagues on the Brokerage Support Team here:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      For options data to appear in the Options Chain window, your account must be enabled for 'NinjaWAPI' and then 'WebAPI (beta)' must be enabled in the connection within NinjaTrader. Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like your account is not enabled for WebAPI or, if it is enabled, 'WebAPI (beta)' is not enabled in the connection.
      8 ball pool
      If you have not yet had a conversation with your broker about enabling options data, please contact your broker to request or confirm if your account is enabled for options data.

If you're a NinjaTrader Brokerage client, you can contact my colleagues on the Brokerage Support Team here:
      Thank you

Now it makes sense

Comment

I've enabled WebAPI as instructed, live data is working well. Is historical Time and Sales data available for these options if I am using Continuum?

Comment

Historical Time & Sales data is not available. This is a real-time window only.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,
            I have some issues. I am using ninjatrader broker account. Could you please tell me how to enable WebAPI?
            Many thanks,

Comment

Hello thomson,

Thank you very much for your post.

If your brokerage supports the WebAPI connection, you may find this option within the "NinjaTrader Continuum" connection settings.

Please note that options are not supported by the NinjaTrader Brokerage. To trade Options on Futures you would have to connect to an Interactive Brokers connection, as this is the only currently supported provider for Options on Futures at the time of this post:

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your update.
                Cheers,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post XXtrader